New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mey0r View Post
    I don't know if these fighters are really for the title or for the "W". Baka gusto lang nila ng share ng pera pag lumaban kay Pacman.
    yan nga eh

"I guess I just missed boxing," Mayweather said Saturday. "Somebody's got to keep the sport up and running. Why not me?"
    pero sabi ni fm.jr ay talagang hindi dahil sa pera lang kaya sya babalik.
    "I'm still the biggest draw in boxing, ..... Everybody wants to fight me because they know I'm the cash cow."
    o kala ko di pera..tssskk tsskk...

at dagdag pa eh
    "I left on top, and I came back on top," Mayweather said. "I'm here to fight and reclaim what's mine."
    Last edited by dbuzz; May 6th, 2009 at 07:23 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    i dont mind pacquiao fighting JMM (especially after he beat FMJ) again just to settle the score. although JMM would probably jump ahead of pacman in the p4p list IF he beat mayweather.

mayweather has at least 1 inch height advantage and 5 inches reach advantage. doesnt matter to marque as he a very very good technician.

i am a very big fan of pacquiao (been a follower since his 7th fight shown in blow by blow). i respect JMM's boxing abilities and accomplishments. FMJ??? well let's just say he has the most talent with least accomplishment to show for it. he could have done more.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    o, up na natin ang thread na eto! 2 months nalang eh isasalang na ang laban na eto!

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Parang narinig ko sa news kanina plano ni Menny mag retiro at mag concentrate sa politika...hehe kung totoo yan, yaan nyo sila mag rambulan at ligawan nila si pacman bumalik(to add a little price) parang si Mayweather...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Manny Pacquiao may not be boxing's best pitchman but his trainer is certainly making up for it. Freddie Roach has taken on the role of trash-talker extraordinaire. Roach isn't happy that the upcoming Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Juan Manuel Marquez fight is simply being dubbed "No. 1":

"They can call Mayweather-Marquez "No. 1" but it smells like No. 2," said Freddie Roach. "The fight stinks. Two counter-punchers waiting for the other one to make the first move is boring and proves nothing."

Since the minute the Pacman-Ricky Hatton fight ended, Roach has been ripping the Mayweather comeback effort. He told ESPNRadio1100 that the fight will be terrible. He repeated recently that Mayweather is ducking Pacquiao:

"If Mayweather wanted to prove he was the best all he had to do was wait one day to see who won Pacquiao-Hatton before signing to fight Marquez. You might as well rename him Fraud Mayweather, Jr.“

Marquez twice fought Pacquiao going 0-1-1. The WBA and WBO lightweight champ is fighting Mayweather at a catch-weight of 144 pounds.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/box/blog/box...urn=box,162586

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    OT: Ilan nga uli ang height difference ni Pacman at Mayweather?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    "I left on top, and I came back on top," Mayweather said. "I'm here to fight and reclaim what's mine."
    so ano gusto patunayan ni yabang fmj dito, si pacquiao ang target nya?

naku naku, came back on top... eh si pacquiao na ang nasa top ngayon, hindi na siya. wala na din siya sa best p4p, at number 2 pa si jmm sa listahan. he better keep his mouth shut dahil wala pa ang laban.

pero kung sabagay, kilala naman siya as trash talker during pre-fights... tignan natin ang mangyayari. humble pa naman ang kalaban niya ngayon pero one of the deadliest si marquez sa taas ng ring, mag-ingat si yabang...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I dont think this will be a boring bout, at least for me, since PBF(Pretty Boy Floyd) will be fighting a smaller man. naging boring lang mga bouts nya when he is facing bigger and tougher fighters like yung ke Oscar at ke Baldomir. but PBF wasnt always that boring, in fact he is a monster at 130 & 135. naging more cautious and smart lang sya when he moved up in weight and fought bigger guys. anyway, boxing is a scientific art of hit-and-not-get-hit where PBF showed he is the master of it. (dont get me wrong though, i am a huge Pac fan but im just giving PBF his credit cause i believe he is the best boxer that ever laced them up in terms of skills and capabilities, bar none. but of course, boxing is not only bout skills that is why Ray Robinson will remain to be the best there was and is hehe)

anyway, I think PBFwill win this one in a great strategical battle with lots of measuring each other and with both guys showcasing their boxing prowess. PBF's speed will somewhat be matched by JMM's with some occassion JMM showcasing his counterpunching expertise and getting PBF from time to time. but it will be PBF's size and speed that will give him the edge in a tight UD/SD. there, i said it :D

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by testament11 View Post
    so ano gusto patunayan ni yabang fmj dito, si pacquiao ang target nya?

naku naku, came back on top... eh si pacquiao na ang nasa top ngayon, hindi na siya. wala na din siya sa best p4p, at number 2 pa si jmm sa listahan. he better keep his mouth shut dahil wala pa ang laban.

pero kung sabagay, kilala naman siya as trash talker during pre-fights... tignan natin ang mangyayari. humble pa naman ang kalaban niya ngayon pero one of the deadliest si marquez sa taas ng ring, mag-ingat si yabang...

my take... PBF knows he is the best scientific boxer that is complete in all aspect but it will still be Pacquiao who will be remembered as the best fighter during this era. give or take, kahit matalo ni PBF si Pacquiao eh sealed na yung position ni Pac as one of the to 10,if not top 5 ,all time boxing greats. PBF will be in the top 50 at best :D

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Sa Linggo na ang laban, The monent of truth! kung sino talaga ang Numero Uno!

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Mayweather-Marquez --18 July 09