New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    We've seen videos of LeBron James being dunked on by KG, Kobe, etc . . . but not by a college kid, Jordan Crawford, on the King's own sports camp.

Nike confiscated all known videos except from this 2 sources:

TMZ.com
    http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=t...6-94ee996cd4c1

ebaumnation.com
    http://ebaumnation.com/2009/07/22/jo...n-lebron-james

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    nakakahiya sa LeBron dun
    kaya siguro na-confiscate.. hehehe..

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Practice lang......

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Jordan Crawford supposedly dunked on LeBron James a couple of days ago. And, after the dunk was filmed, Nike senior director Lynn Merritt supposedly, ahem, requested the tape of LeBron being dunked on, presumably because having a global icon embarrassed by a college student is bad for his brand. Or something of that nature.

Fox Sports' Jeff Goodman was able to catch up with Crawford and discuss the controversy surrounding the dunk, since, according to some sources, LeBron wasn't giving "100%" on the play.
    "I was on the right wing and went down the middle. I got past Danny Green and LeBron was waiting under the basket. I don't think he thought I was going to dunk it, so he jumped late. It was two-handed."

Crawford said he didn't fully realize what he had done until afterwards.

"Not during the game, but I was geeked afterwards about it. Everyone was talking about it."
    See, I think Crawford's attitude about the whole thing might be a perfect microcosm of what everyone's going through in this whole semi-traveshamockery of a freak-fest that's become the "LeBron Got Dunked On" media affair. It really wasn't that big a deal, apparently -- hell, even Crawford wasn't getting that amped up during the game -- but because of the buzz that started building afterwards, everyone's all literally a-Twitter about how Nike is trying to cover up 'Bron getting cacked on.

The smart move, of course, is to just let the video surface and run its natural course. Or, alternately, instead of just taking the video, pay the camera man $10,000 to hand it over. It could have been that easy. OR, and this might be crazy, but what about a "Witness: Mortality" commercial? "Because Even Kings Can Be Human Sometimes Too." It's endearing, it's honest and, frankly, would have been refreshing. (Yes, I know, sometimes I think I'm in the wrong business too.)
    It was not his intention.

Hehehe di naman daw pala sinasadya

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    So what? Is Lebron God? He can be dunked on, nothing to be ashamed of.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    La pa nga siya singsing di na pwede madakdakan? sina Jordan nga e oks lang siya pa hinde?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    +1.... i dont see anything wrong with it.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    from the video clip, nothing special to me... it's just a plain two handed slam (anybody can do it provided you got that vertical leap). it just happen that LBJ has attempted to block his dunk but james was a step late.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I don't see any reason why they should make a big deal out of this event in the court. It happens all the time.....

8303:dishwash:

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    +1.... i dont see anything wrong with it.
    what seems to be the controversy about the whole thing is that lebron supposedly didn't like the film to be shown.

Nike takes videographers’ tapes at LeBron camp

AKRON, Ohio (AP)—What happens at LeBron’s camp stays at LeBron’s camp.

A minor controversy erupted at the LeBron James(notes) Skills Academy on Monday night when two videographers recorded a pickup game in which Xavier’s Jordan Crawford dunked on James.

Gary Parrish reported on CBSSports.com that a Nike representative confiscated tapes of the dunk after conferring with James.

A representative with Nike, which runs the camp at the University of Akron in James’ hometown, made no mention of Crawford’s dunk. He said the tapes were confiscated because videotaping of after-hours pickup games at the camp is not allowed.

“Nike has been operating basketball camps for the benefit of young athletes for decades and has long-standing policies as to what events are open and closed to media coverage. Unfortunately, for the first time in four years, two journalists did not respect our no videotaping policy at an after-hours pickup game following the LeBron James Skills Academy,” said Nike spokesman Derek Kent on Wednesday.

A spokesman for James said he had no comment.

The camp features 80 top basketball prospects from around the nation.

Crawford said his dunk happened in the first 20 minutes of a game that lasted about two hours and did not prompt any reaction from James.

“We just went on playing,” Crawford said Wednesday. “It was exciting just to be playing on the same court as him. I can see why he is so great at what he does.”
    Another odd (immature?) behaviour of lebron, just right after their finals loss with the orlando magic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast