New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    I tried the ketogenic diet a long time ago. I did lose a lot of weight. It's effective, yes, but, I felt and looked like a zombie. Lmao!

I'm currently on the intermittent fasting (1 hr window). I don't have to watch my carb intake or whatever. I just have to keep watch on my calorie intake. I still lose weight like I did on atkins, but, with no unpleasant feeling. I just felt I had a lot of energy when I work out with no hunger pangs and weakness.

I found out that you'll lose fat faster with restricted calorie. Dieting is the most potent fat burner there is. Working out alone does not burn that much compared to dieting. Even if you bust your butt in the gym for 5 hours. Let me show you:

My basal metabolic rate is around 1800 calories. This is my metabolic rate at rest. A lb of fat is 3500 calories. If I eat only 800 calories daily, my body is burning 1000 calories worth of fat per day. In 1 week, that will be 7000 calories which equals to 2lbs of fat loss.

I can finish 5km in 30mins at a comfortable pace and I only burn 400 calories. If I run for 1hr, I burn 800 calories. At this time, my body is already stressed and in a lot of pain. If I do this everyday for a week, I'll be burning 5600 calories. However, my body will suffer with possible injuries. No one can sustain this much stress on the body.

So, if we want to burn fat effectively, diet is the only way to go. Working out like a slave for that long period will only harm your health in the long run. We see that working out is certainly not the best way to burn fat. It's just too much work. But, don't get me wrong. Working out is very beneficial for your body. But, as for fat burning, it's not as efficient as dieting. To get the best of both worlds, we combine diet and exercise.

As an added bonus, dieting will also help you lose water weight as you shed those excess sodium from your body. You'll be seeing around 5lb-10lbs weight loss within a week. Some even overnight. Your waist line will also shrink and also other parts of your body, like your butt. lol.

Anyway, I'm talking way too much already. Ok, thanks, bye!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by brushless View Post
    I tried the ketogenic diet a long time ago. I did lose a lot of weight. It's effective, yes, but, I felt and looked like a zombie. Lmao!

I'm currently on the intermittent fasting (1 hr window). I don't have to watch my carb intake or whatever. I just have to keep watch on my calorie intake. I still lose weight like I did on atkins, but, with no unpleasant feeling. I just felt I had a lot of energy when I work out with no hunger pangs and weakness.

I found out that you'll lose fat faster with restricted calorie. Dieting is the most potent fat burner there is. Working out alone does not burn that much compared to dieting. Even if you bust your butt in the gym for 5 hours. Let me show you:

My basal metabolic rate is around 1800 calories. This is my metabolic rate at rest. A lb of fat is 3500 calories. If I eat only 800 calories daily, my body is burning 1000 calories worth of fat per day. In 1 week, that will be 7000 calories which equals to 2lbs of fat loss.

I can finish 5km in 30mins at a comfortable pace and I only burn 400 calories. If I run for 1hr, I burn 800 calories. At this time, my body is already stressed and in a lot of pain. If I do this everyday for a week, I'll be burning 5600 calories. However, my body will suffer with possible injuries. No one can sustain this much stress on the body.

So, if we want to burn fat effectively, diet is the only way to go. Working out like a slave for that long period will only harm your health in the long run. We see that working out is certainly not the best way to burn fat. It's just too much work. But, don't get me wrong. Working out is very beneficial for your body. But, as for fat burning, it's not as efficient as dieting. To get the best of both worlds, we combine diet and exercise.

As an added bonus, dieting will also help you lose water weight as you shed those excess sodium from your body. You'll be seeing around 5lb-10lbs weight loss within a week. Some even overnight. Your waist line will also shrink and also other parts of your body, like your butt. lol.

Anyway, I'm talking way too much already. Ok, thanks, bye!
    I still lose weight at 2k cal a day...my bmr is 2850..even if i eat 3.5k cal with my workload im still near maintainance..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    I still lose weight at 2k cal a day...my bmr is 2850..even if i eat 3.5k cal with my workload im still near maintainance..

Energy in, energy out basically.

I'm convinced that it does not really matter what diet you are on, if you have a caloric deficit you will lose weight. There was this professor who experimented eating only junk food from a convenience store. But he counted his calories. After 10 weeks, he lost 27lbs and his cholesterol level went down. Go figure. lol!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by brushless View Post
    Energy in, energy out basically.

I'm convinced that it does not really matter what diet you are on, if you have a caloric deficit you will lose weight. There was this professor who experimented eating only junk food from a convenience store. But he counted his calories. After 10 weeks, he lost 27lbs and his cholesterol level went down. Go figure. lol!
    Yes..even my diet includes around 30% junk..but doing 800 is too low....i also doing i.f. for 3 years.. with the same window as yours for a year..and yes, all the cholesterol, triglycerides and glucose numbers are down..even if i do buffets once a week, it doesnt matter..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    Yes..even my diet includes around 30% junk..but doing 800 is too low....i also doing i.f. for 3 years.. with the same window as yours for a year..and yes, all the cholesterol, triglycerides and glucose numbers are down..even if i do buffets once a week, it doesnt matter..

kakainggit yan metabolism mo kuya[emoji28] isang dighay ka lng, 1calorie burnt 🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Ive been trying to lose some weight and I am trying to use these 2 types of method. My friends recommended me to try these methods and I dont know which one is the best option. I know what keto diet means, but I never heard of the cbd oil for losing weight. They said marijuana users are much less likely than non-users to develop metabolic syndrome, which is a significant risk factor for obesity, type II diabetes, and heart disease. Marijuana is not the magic plant for weight loss, but surprisingly, it does have many benefits for weight loss just like the article I read from What Is Marijuana Kief? - I Love Growing Marijuana. Not all strains of marijuana will suppress appetite, so choosing the right strain is very important. Different marijuana strains have shown to reduce appetite and help you be more alert and active. I would like to hear any personal experience or testimonial that would be highly appreciated. Thanks

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Link is suspicious [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jul 2015

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Pippa466 View Post
    Ive been trying to lose some weight and I am trying to use these 2 types of method. My friends recommended me to try these methods and I dont know which one is the best option. I know what keto diet means, but I never heard of the cbd oil for losing weight. They said marijuana users are much less likely than non-users to develop metabolic syndrome, which is a significant risk factor for obesity, type II diabetes, and heart disease. Marijuana is not the magic plant for weight loss, but surprisingly, it does have many benefits for weight loss just like the article I read from What Is Marijuana Kief? - I Love Growing Marijuana. Not all strains of marijuana will suppress appetite, so choosing the right strain is very important. Different marijuana strains have shown to reduce appetite and help you be more alert and active. I would like to hear any personal experience or testimonial that would be highly appreciated. Thanks
    whatever this post reads, we can't use it, as MJ use is still illegal in my country.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Re: Marijuana is not the magic plant for weight loss, but surprisingly, it does have many benefits for weight loss just like the article I read from

I don't smoke or consume any illegal substances. I'm not into those stuff. Losing weight is simply a matter of mathematics. Reducing food consumption is the most effective fat burner on earth. You don't have to count calories. All you need to know is how 2000 calories look like.

1) Zuccotto cake (1,790), cappuccino (220) - 2,010 calories.

2) Cowboy Ribeye steak (1,690), martini (230) - 1,920 calories.

3) Burger King Double Whopper with cheese (1,070), onion rings (410), vanilla milkshake (550) - 2,030 calories.

4) McDonald’s Crispy Chicken sandwich with bacon (750), fries (340), Coke (200), McFlurry with Oreos (690) - 1,980 calories.

---

For most people, that is already the daily caloric intake to maintain weight. If you eat 3 times a day with these kind of food, you'll be in BIG trouble. You can easily consume 4,000+ calories in a single day.

1lb of fat = 3,500 calories.

It's so much easier abstaining rather than burn it in the gym. Burning 500 calories would require you to run for 1 hour. You can walk, sure, to make it easier if you have 5 hours to spare. lol

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast