New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    I would like to start on juicing also, but one thing that has been holding me back was Chemical fertilizers and Genetically modified produce.

Yes we can use organic fruits which costs more or less twice vs the regular veggies. yes we can wash it on water and vinegar but is it effective? Not all groceries have Organic veggies on sale, sometimes i have to buy at the nearest palengke which i dont know where and how they grow the veggies.

How safe is it to drink a chemically/genetically grown veggies? Drinking blended 1kilo veggies is more potent than eating one plate of chopsuey 3x a day and we could consume 1 kilo of veggies per day compared to eating chopsuey only once a week. Imagine the chemical intake that we are exposed when we juice every day.

Ive been to benguet and i have passed by farmlands that uses organic animal manure as fertilizers. Veggies that i ate from these provinces was the tastiest and crunchiest that i had.
    Do not worry yourself too much about chemical fertilizers and GMOs. At this age, you cannot avoid that. Contamination is systemic.
    Unless certified, so called organic crops will contain chemicals.

I suggest you plant your own food if you are really that worried. Search urban agriculture and permaculture.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Breville juice fountain max owner here ( bje410 ). Bought this for my wife a couple of months ago when it was on sale. This is a pretty powerful basic juicer, wide feed chute that fits large fruits / veggies without the need to trim to size.

I'm not really into fruit / veggie juices but I enjoyed the apple, carrot, orange, celery, & ginger combo my wife made me try. Me and my son freeze oranges or apples before juicing, we like the plain straight up fruit juices more than the combos. Lots of recipes in the manual.

As for the pulp, the neighbors dogs love it. I wonder where the fiber goes though, the juice or the pulp

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    Yung iba pinapamalit sa meal ito. Which is di ko gaano pinagkakatiwalaan.
    Naturo eto nung pumunta kami sa alternative medicine. Ayaw nila ako pakainin. Hahaha
    Pero di ko sinunod yun. Pero ng jjuicing pa rn ako every morning, lunch at before dinner meals.
    parang mahirap i meal replacement yan bro.... you need the carbs that you cannot get from the juice... otherwise, mahihilo ka and you will feel cranky.
    bro CVT, bakit yung iba may weight reduction? hehehehe.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Agree with most of the posts here that juicing (of fruits and vegetables) is really healthy. It's a great addition on top of a healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner. While other people consider juicing as a replacement to the lunch or dinner, I think there are other nutrients that are hard to replace if you go 100% juicing. But then again, to each his own.

Here's a great article I read about juicing. This one is from Dr. Oz.

The Healing Properties of Juicing | The Dr. Oz Show

For me, I'd go with proper diet plus juicing from time to time but only as an addition and not a replacement. I'll also take a few health supplements to ensure I get all the essential nutrients.

For those looking for supplements, please check us out at Puritan's Pride Philippines (Vitamins & Health Supplements from Puritan's Pride Philippines | #1 in the US | PuritansPride.ph). Yes, the leading vitamins and supplements brand in the US is now in the Philippines. Our quality is as good as the top brands but our prices are the most affordable. We ship nationwide and we also do cash on delivery in Metro Manila.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I make my own about 5x a week and have 8-12 ounces between breakfast and lunch. I stick to the same recipe: green kale, collard greens, spinach, celery stalk, cucumber, green apple and lime. All organic. Better than those sugar loaded granola bars that I thought were healthy.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    We have a Breville juicer but we seldom use it now. It's more convenient for us to just buy Naked. It takes away the hassle of prepping and cleaning up the kitchen mess.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    We are using Hurom

3 years old na ito and still powerful

Very easy to dismantle and clean

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchtower View Post
    We have a Breville juicer but we seldom use it now. It's more convenient for us to just buy Naked. It takes away the hassle of prepping and cleaning up the kitchen mess.
    I am with you in this one hehehe

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

yung mga diabetic, careful kayo sa juicing ng fruits.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I used to drink Naked until I found healthy alternatives. Also used to think juicing is a pain until I actually started doing it.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Tried the juice of the nilagang mangosteen kasi anti-gout daw. Ang paiiiiiiiitttttttt! Juicing (Vegetable and Fruits)

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast