New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Anyone here into juicing vegetables and fruits?
    My wife and I are doing this but not exclusively as a meal. We just drink it together with our normal meals.
    I do not know the "science" behind it but for a someone who does not eat veggies like me, it is an expensive way to consume veggies hahaha

We currently have a Jack Lalanne unit (Php3K at Lazada's) but we plan to purchase a more expensive Breville so we can juice leafy veggies such as pechay, cabbage, etc. Our current juicer cannot do that.

This activity is quite expensive. Imagine getting a 500ml of juice from 1kg of fruits but I still willing to give a try.
    Another thing is we have to soak our veggies and fruits in water and vinegar solution prior to juicing. Being educated in the best agriculture university means knowing a lot of how our veggies and fruits are grown

We can share recipe;s here.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Yep. We have a Breville juicer. Have you seen that Joe Cross movie FAT SICK & NEARLY DEAD?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchtower View Post
    Yep. We have a Breville juicer. Have you seen that Joe Cross movie FAT SICK & NEARLY DEAD?
    You know what, it is quite ironic that I downloaded that from youtube but never got to watch it.
    I did not even know that movie is about Joe Cross until I searched some recipe from his website.

by the way, how the breville juice fountain doing? what model is it?

our current juicer is fine but the sap is still too wet meaning I can still squeeze a lot of from it.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    im into juicing as well using tefal planning to upgrade to breville or the mastone( not sure w/ name)...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchtower View Post
    i have also seen part of that documentary. its very inspiring.

Regarding Breville, i am not sure if its a cold press juicer. a cold press/juicer is better daw than traditional juicer. been wanting to buy either Hurom or Juicepresso but its quite expensive at 16-18k.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i am on juicing too... this replaced my morning coffee (although I have to take coffee pag dating ko sa office.)
    usual ang recipe namin ni misis....

a) carrots, oranges, celery or
    b) carrots, apples, celery, garlic or
    c) carrots, oranges, celery, ginger

effects :

a) noted decrease in BP the past month.
    b) better bowel movement

no decrease in weight though.... although alam naman natin na ang weight loss is a combination of diet and exercise.... wala ako pareho nun...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

A couple of our officemates are doing this too...

And, pareho ang epekto kay bro.1D4LV....

Plus,- pumayat sila significantly....

Oh well.....

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I would like to start on juicing also, but one thing that has been holding me back was Chemical fertilizers and Genetically modified produce.

Yes we can use organic fruits which costs more or less twice vs the regular veggies. yes we can wash it on water and vinegar but is it effective? Not all groceries have Organic veggies on sale, sometimes i have to buy at the nearest palengke which i dont know where and how they grow the veggies.

How safe is it to drink a chemically/genetically grown veggies? Drinking blended 1kilo veggies is more potent than eating one plate of chopsuey 3x a day and we could consume 1 kilo of veggies per day compared to eating chopsuey only once a week. Imagine the chemical intake that we are exposed when we juice every day.

Ive been to benguet and i have passed by farmlands that uses organic animal manure as fertilizers. Veggies that i ate from these provinces was the tastiest and crunchiest that i had.
    Last edited by shibby75; April 29th, 2014 at 12:42 PM.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Yung iba pinapamalit sa meal ito. Which is di ko gaano pinagkakatiwalaan.
    Naturo eto nung pumunta kami sa alternative medicine. Ayaw nila ako pakainin. Hahaha
    Pero di ko sinunod yun. Pero ng jjuicing pa rn ako every morning, lunch at before dinner meals.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    You know what, it is quite ironic that I downloaded that from youtube but never got to watch it.
    I did not even know that movie is about Joe Cross until I searched some recipe from his website.

by the way, how the breville juice fountain doing? what model is it?

our current juicer is fine but the sap is still too wet meaning I can still squeeze a lot of from it.
    Ours is model BJE200XL. Been using it for a long time. The noise is tolerable but it generates max amount of juice.

I can't go straight juicing but I try to take as much juice in my system more than solid food.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast