New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Wouldn't increasing testosterone levels increase the likelihood of prostate cancer?

To manage the my dad's prostate CA, his doctor is giving him meds that lower and testosterone to bring his PSA back to low levels.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Wouldn't increasing testosterone levels increase the likelihood of prostate cancer?

To manage the my dad's prostate CA, his doctor is giving him meds that lower and testosterone to bring his PSA back to low levels.

If increase to above normal you mean?

If to normal levels then I do not think that will increase your risk vs the general pop.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    easy....eat more healthy fats...lift heavy and get more sun( vitamin D )
    Getting more sun during the weekdays is easier said than done because of my lifestyle. I drive during the rush hours so... aint getting much through tinted windows.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008

yespo.
    hormonal manipulation can be a double-edged sword.
    it can bring to right a certain disorder, but at the same time cause to wrong another disorder.
    foe example, in women, estrogen can help fertility issues, but can at the same time cause problems in other organs like the breast.
    and almost all of us have fallen pray to hormonal ill-effects. pimples.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    but there is a difference between bring up one's hormone levels from low to normal, versus hype-ing up hormone levels for other reasons.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2015

do some reseach kuya, ask yourself, after andropause bakit nag lalabasan ang mga sakit

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    "sa huli palagi po ang pagsisisi."
    but hey! done correctly, hormonal manipulation can be "safe enough".
    doc if done correctly(normal range) its totally safe,
    btw in pro sports, everybody is juicing, even the actors to add size fast are using test(trenbuterol be exact) becoz it doesnt hold water...btw the true reason why some bodybuilders even wwe wrestlers get sick or die is not becoz of the steriods,

(there are more anabolic drugs kasi) its the diurectics(clen, dnp), insulin and the abuse of T3/T4 drugs...

if youre just using straight up test, thats just for recreational lifters that wanna gain some strength, the pros use, D-ball, after two weeks, a combination of tren/insulin/GH....

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    do some reseach kuya, ask yourself, after andropause bakit nag lalabasan ang mga sakit

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

doc if done correctly(normal range) its totally safe,
    btw in pro sports, everybody is juicing, even the actors to add size fast are using test(trenbuterol be exact) becoz it doesnt hold water...btw the true reason why some bodybuilders even wwe wrestlers get sick or die is not becoz of the steriods,

(there are more anabolic drugs kasi) its the diurectics(clen, dnp), insulin and the abuse of T3/T4 drugs...

if youre just using straight up test, thats just for recreational lifters that wanna gain some strength, the pros use, D-ball, after two weeks, a combination of tren/insulin/GH....
    to be fair, i'm a doctor, and i confess, i do not know the answer, either.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    but there is a difference between bring up one's hormone levels from low to normal, versus hype-ing up hormone levels for other reasons.

doc, trt(patch and cream) will just bring you up sa normal levels(250-1k) not the 5k if you inject yourself ng 2 vials a week.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by b_9904 View Post
    If increase to above normal you mean?

If to normal levels then I do not think that will increase your risk vs the general pop.

Not a medical practcioner pero this is what i learned.

Yung PSA daw kasi has something to do with the testosterone levels sa dugo. Normal values should ve below 4.0.

Habang tumatanda daw ang lalaki, tumataas din ang testosterone level (but not the one you're looking for). Above 4.0 gives a higher indication of CA.

When my dad's PSA reached high 90s, his urologist suggested to get meds to kill testosterone sa katawan. So from PSA of 90++ bigla baba to12+ and now at 2.0++

Di kasi pwede conventional prostate cancer management meds due to health complications.

You might want to consult your doctor/urologist. Baka naman you might regret it in a few years....

10. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Not a medical practcioner pero this is what i learned.

Yung PSA daw kasi has something to do with the testosterone levels sa dugo. Normal values should ve below 4.0.

Habang tumatanda daw ang lalaki, tumataas din ang testosterone level (but not the one you're looking for). Above 4.0 gives a higher indication of CA.

When my dad's PSA reached high 90s, his urologist suggested to get meds to kill testosterone sa katawan. So from PSA of 90++ bigla baba to12+ and now at 2.0++

Di kasi pwede conventional prostate cancer management meds due to health complications.

You might want to consult your doctor/urologist. Baka naman you might regret it in a few years....

Will just be improving my lifestyle like better diet, exercise, etc.

Will not be doing shots or any meds.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast