New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Human Cloning is absolutely illegal here in United States..and the punishment is so harsh, i am not in favor of cloning of any kind, let time take its toll...BUT i do in favor of stem cell research. its just like modifying the DNA sequence of a cell but not the whole human being...its very useful in targeting those who have genetic predisposition to a lot of medical problems like Diabetes type 2, Coronary artery disease as well as Cancers to name a few. if ever successful then we can alter the DNA sequences of future humans making them free from this genetic problems..This stem cell research should not be use for any other kind except for eradicating medical problems that are genetically predisposed...thanks a lot
    have a great day and peace out
    cale eric

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by logbook
    oo nga pala...anong cloning pinag-uusapan? whole body or like tenga lang? :lol:

kita ko kse sa discovery channel one e :mrgreen:
    its cloning issue taken as a whole... just a part or whole body, its thrown into the same basket.

3. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    ...religious and moral issues, hmmm.

religious, i think this revolves around a Tower of Babel scenario(?). mankind has placed satellites into orbit, and shuttles men to and from other planets; computers are connecting people like never before...but doubt if the world is coming to an end. in short, i doubt if the Lord Almighty (at least in my lifetime) is going to punish us for these accomplishments. he gave us a mind capable of doing many things...man's mind (only a fraction is actually utilized by the average man) is limited only by man's own perceptions of the "limit". despite that, many truly talented people have accomplished more good for mankind, than bad, i think. cloning is now within man's reach, but is yet to realize perfection. how far can we go? i really don't know, and trying to find out has its risks. i believe those risks are acceptable and we should be responsible for them.

man playing God? huh? we think we or others do sometimes, in our own homes with our families, in our communities, in our courts, on our farms, in the labs of our scientists, even on the internet... but seriously, how could we ever be like God? to liken ourselves and our accomplishments to God and His accomplishments, seriously underestimates His being and His power. :lol:

moral issues, do you mean is it right or is it wrong? i think what should be asked is..."what for?" in other words, the intention is the issue. if its for a good cause, then bravo for mankind! but if its to propagate evil agendas, then a way should be found to control if not eliminate those people behind such agendas...but do not destroy the science, and deny a man's destiny.

in short, pro ako. PEACE :wink:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    gulliver, yan sana ang reply ko, pero very well said kapatid!!! Yan ang outline ng pang counter ko sa babanat ng 'playing god' issues. thumbs up! 8)

karding, iho,....balik mo na lang sa *** ang topic para meron ****s errrr.... facts pala, para madaling kunan ng source sa pag input
    happiman, maya-maya balik tayo sa ganung usapan :mrgreen:

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    gulliver,

wow..galeng..!!

u said it very well.

clap clap clap..!!

6. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    kiper, ginawa mo na palang sig si ms pharung ah! :twisted:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    LEGAL ISSUES:

Why does the US Gov't has to stop the research? It's because of the accompanying RELIGIOUS ISSUES. How about the people who don't believe in GOD? Don't ATHEIST has the RIGHT TO CHOOSE too? Why do US Gov't has to CATER the NEEDS of those SO CALLED CATHOLICS? Does being a CATHOLIC makes them more human than ATHEIST that we have to IGNORE the needs and wants of ATHEIST?

The question about possibility of HUMAN CLONING lies on this arguement. We cannot continue the research if the research itself is stopped.

DANGEROUS RESEARCH ISSUES:

Do you actually think MEDICINE RESEARCH isn't as dangerous as the CLONING RESEARCH? Heck, even SPACE EXPLORATIONS is as dangerous as anything else. If we are concerned about the DANGER of every research, maybe we should stop the MARS Exploration Project where HUMAN BONE DENSITY is the main problem or any further RESEARCH on ANYTHING. Like what gulliver said, everything in life has it's accompanying risks, it is for us to handle and overcome each risks.

Human Organs ONLY and not the WHOLE HUMAN.

Why Human Organs only? Why not go all the way? Did we stopped when the Ford Model T was invented? Or did Cadillac reinvented the ALL NEW STS? If you think HUMAN CLONING is playing GOD, why do you think HUMAN ORGAN CLONING isn't playing GOD? Afterall, when accident happens, CATHOLICS argue that GOD made it happen. The ability of CLONING HUMANS/ORGANS was a given gift from GOD (If you really wanna argue about the Playing GOD issues) Why not be thankful for the GOD GIVEN GIFT to CLONE HUMANS/ORGANS?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    oo nga..kung meron talaga GOD..it's HIS will after all..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kiper
    oo nga..kung meron talaga GOD..it's HIS will after all..
    yup!

End of Argument for AGAINST CLONING ppl? :lol:

Thank you very much for all inputs, much appreciated. 8)

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by logbook
    Quote Originally Posted by gretzy
    sa totoo lang ang hirap ng topic na iniwan sa atin ni karding

karding, iho,....balik mo na lang sa *** ang topic
    :lol: alryt!

hehehe ok sa reaction a! :lol:
    tama.. ibalik nln.. hehehe.. skait ng ulo ko sa kakaicip ng ipopost ko eh :lol: :lol:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Human Cloning Issues