New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I'm not chain smoker just a regular smoker.. say 2 or 3 cigar per day but sometimes i dont smoke for whole day and even i can take not smoking 3 or 4 days

now i just want to quit smoking (totally)

where will i start ?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    1. Convince yourself to stop smoking :-) (I know this is the hardest part)
    2. Give your self a date (to stop)
    3. Tell your friends, family, office mates to you will stop smoking on that given date
    4. Don't take any alternative such as candy, it will become a hobbit
    5. Don't rush your self, Ako I planned it for a year :-) but when I stopped I never looked back. Oh by the way I was consuming a pack a day before I stopped smoking :-)

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    This is what im afraid off i might consume one pack or worse more than one pack a day, so as early as know i should start it, im not addicted naman sa smoke just puffing when im in stress or pressured.. I just really want to remove as early .. and have a good healthy life again

between almost 3 or 4 years that im prisoned into this kind of hobbit

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    it IS possible to stop smoking. though it might be tempting in the first few months, your body will soon be independent of nicotine. 1 good advice i might suggest is to eat leafy vegetables. it's a good way of getting NADP for your body.(note that when you are smoking, it is also flagged by your body as your source of nicotanimide derivatives)

PS. i never smoke
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    25 ways to quit smoking - by Bill Plympton

http://llnw.jibjab.com/view/112297

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    cold turkey is the best way.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Its easier to stop smoking if the desire (to stop smoking) is coming from the smoker himself -- not from the wife, not from the in-laws, not from the parents :-)

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kenshinx View Post
    Its easier to stop smoking if the desire (to stop smoking) is coming from the smoker himself -- not from the wife, not from the in-laws, not from the parents :-)
    very true...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    to make it easier, motivate yourself to not smoke. eg. reward yourself for every week that you didn't smoke until you realize it's all about will power
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I stopped smoking years ago when the time the "no smoking" law was implemented in Makati City. I just said to myself "NO MORE SMOKING FOR ME". Since then, I haven't craved for it although I occasionally smoke - an average of 2 sticks a month, only when drinking if my drinking buddies are smoking and I don't buy them.

All you need are self-control and self-determination.

:coffee: [SIZE="1"]3821[/SIZE]
    Last edited by j_avonni; November 28th, 2008 at 05:04 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
How to quit smoking