New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    5 reason hfcs will kill you - drhyman.com From now on, I'll stick to 'ordinary' cane sugar and my garlic/turmeric tea.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    High fructose corn syrup is sugar.

Sugar is sugar is sugar. To a diabetic, they're all the same. They're all bad for you. Whether they're cane sugar, corn syrup, honey or molasses.

High fructose corn syrup – don't be afraid, it's just sugar

As long as you are ingesting the same number of sugar calories, you are still exposed to the same effects. All that changes with high fructose corn syrup versus cane sugar (which also contains fructose) is the proportion and attendant changes in glycemic index of the different sugars... fructose is actually absorbed slower, which makes it safer for diabetics... though in either case, it's better to cut back on any added sugar to the diet.

Personally: Tax them all. Take all added sugars out of all drinks. I don't care if it's cane sugar, honey or molasses... sugar is sugar is sugar. And all our juices are swimming in needlessly added sweetness.
    are we talking sugar as in sugar or glucose/glycogen included ?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    [QUOTE=MR_BIG18;2815181]
    Quote Originally Posted by pyramid00 View Post
    well, everybody here knows against sugar in any shape or from..but telling people that its all the same is wrong...HFCS is deadly coz the body doesnt know what to do with it, its converted to viceral fat instantly, unlike the stuff that came from nature, fruits and vegies has fiber so the absorbtion is slower and the insulin spike is not that high, which can be used as fuel..to a diabetic they need to research bout what a glycemic index, the lower it is the better, i know people cant do what i do, to remove sugar/carbs completely...pero if you cant remove it, like rice and stuff, switch to a lower G.I alternative...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Fructose IS found in nature.

Cane Sugar has fructose! Fruits have fructose!

Why do you think they put the "fruc" in fructose?

And no. It is not converted into fat immediately. Fructose is absorbed just as most sugars are. The only difference is the low glycemic index, because it requires extra steps to digest... which, admittedly, means that it is not completely absorbed up front, but any claims of it being inordinately more dangerous than other sugars is a total crock of ****, as noted in the link I posted.

Again: Excess sugar is bad, whether glucose, sucrose, fructose, galactose or whatever. Cut any unnecessary sugar out of your diet and you will enjoy immense health benefits.

Just don't fool yourself into thinking that simply switching HFCS for something "natural" is going to give you those health benefits without requiring you to dump sugar from your diet.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    masama pareho sugar & hfcs

mga tao kasi mahilig sa matamis

kaya dami diabetic sa mundo

5. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    [QUOTE=niky;2815341]
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post

Fructose IS found in nature.

Cane Sugar has fructose! Fruits have fructose!

Why do you think they put the "fruc" in fructose?

And no. It is not converted into fat immediately. Fructose is absorbed just as most sugars are. The only difference is the low glycemic index, because it requires extra steps to digest... which, admittedly, means that it is not completely absorbed up front, but any claims of it being inordinately more dangerous than other sugars is a total crock of ****, as noted in the link I posted.

Again: Excess sugar is bad, whether glucose, sucrose, fructose, galactose or whatever. Cut any unnecessary sugar out of your diet and you will enjoy immense health benefits.

Just don't fool yourself into thinking that simply switching HFCS for something "natural" is going to give you those health benefits without requiring you to dump sugar from your diet.
    theres a trick to it when it comes to eating what you want, including sugar etc...ive done it for years...ive used it to lose weight, its a reset button after not eating sugar/glucose etc for months at a time...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    masama pareho sugar & hfcs

mga tao kasi mahilig sa matamis

kaya dami diabetic sa mundo
    kaya maraming sweet..

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    All's well, that ends well.

Coca-Cola commits to hike local sugar procurement | Business, News, The Philippine Star | philstar.com

Looking forward to a better 2018 crop year.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Haaay salamat.... ngayon year 2018 production eh puro sugar na gagamitin ng pepsi philippines....

No more High Fructose Corn Syrup.....

But i hope itigil na din artificial sweetener like acesulfame potassium, sucralose, aspartame... yikesss..

9. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    tsikoteers,

may nabasa ako yung coke daw na dilaw takip eh pure sugah ????

So natuto na softdrinks manufacturer na hindi tama artificial sweetener.

Kita nyo sa supermarket madalas buy1take1 coke zero at pepsi black. PAng walang future eh.

as always kagalingan mahlupet ang taste

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    tsikoteers,

may nabasa ako yung coke daw na dilaw takip eh pure sugah ????

So natuto na softdrinks manufacturer na hindi tama artificial sweetener.

Kita nyo sa supermarket madalas buy1take1 coke zero at pepsi black. PAng walang future eh.

as always kagalingan mahlupet ang taste
    Mag Google ka kasi para malaman kung bakit naglabas ng ganyan coke. Hinde dahil saiyo yan, saka hinde dahil natuto na sila.

Alamin mo muna History bago ka mag credit grab nanaman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
High Fructose Corn Syrup - Ito na ginagamit sweetener sa softdrinks and juices