New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 147 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Hindi naman ako pinapawisan when I wash and wax my car. But I do that once a week. I guess that should be okay?

Do I need to lower my BP before I can do moderate exercise?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    They shouldn't. i used to have an officemate in his mid 20's, nagtaka na lang ako why i hadn't seen him in months...akala ko nag resign, yun pala nastroke, nagpagaling sa probinsya.

In my mind, there is no way you will be able to burn off what you ate that late at night. All that food goes into "reserves".

Try to eat on time. Pansin ko sa sarili ko, i tend to eat less, and eat slower when i eat on time(7-730).

fyi, Paul Newman took up stair climbing in his older days. Less risk of injury. Not all buildings allow access to fire exits though.

Sir, the eating late thing is not true, if youre still in a deficit, there is no way you are gonna gain weight, unless you have a thyroid condition, let us your maintanance is 2000cal, including activity, you spread it to let say 3 meals, at night you have cravings and you eat another 500 cal, now you have a surplus..thats where the overspill comes from

3. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Hindi naman ako pinapawisan when I wash and wax my car. But I do that once a week. I guess that should be okay?

Sweat is just way for the body to cool itself, youre just excreting water, youll gain it all back after you have a drink.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Can I exercise if my BP is 130/90? I have a treadmill gathering dust here at home

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    My problem with stairs is my knee damage Stupid stair climber machine

Are you a bit on the heavy side? Try to lose weight, then go for low-impact exercises like elliptical machines or biking.

Quote Originally Posted by jaypee10 View Post
    ok lang din bang mag car wash nalang pagka gising sa umaga.kasi un ang pinaka exercise ko sa umaga.ikot punas .ikot punas sa sasakyan ko.after nun sobrang tagaktak pawis ko..lalo na kapag nag wax ako ng manual or mano mano..

kahit papano siguro malakas din maka burn ng calories un kasi.papawisan ka din..
    Malakas din maka-burn ng calories ang car washing. Sunday morning ritual ko ang hugasan ang 2 kotse namin (isang SUV at isang subcompact). Tagaktak talaga pawis at hingal after.

Sweat just means your body is trying to cool off, what is important is to get the heart rate up. Walang problema yung moderate exercise and your BP is only borderline. This is actually the best time to start.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Can I exercise if my BP is 130/90? I have a treadmill gathering dust here at home

Yes, OP Cors

7. Join Date
    Mar 2016

Don't take chances. You need it to be stabilized before delving into strenuous physical activities.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    Are you a bit on the heavy side? Try to lose weight, then go for low-impact exercises like elliptical machines or biking.

Malakas din maka-burn ng calories ang car washing. Sunday morning ritual ko ang hugasan ang 2 kotse namin (isang SUV at isang subcompact). Tagaktak talaga pawis at hingal after.

Sweat just means your body is trying to cool off, what is important is to get the heart rate up. Walang problema yung moderate exercise and your BP is only borderline. This is actually the best time to start.
    I gained a lot of weight over the years I think my body is not used to being fat But I damaged my knees over 10 yrs ago when I was working out daily. I also have scoliosis and my dr said I can't have extra weight because it's bad for my condition

But it's also weird because I have a colleague who is thin but had hypertension in his late 20s. Pero he is really stressed at work and lacks sleep.

I am scared to exercise again because I heard too many people who dropped dead while exercising. These are guys in their 40s and fit (one is a runner pa).
    Last edited by _Cathy_; August 19th, 2016 at 01:50 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Guys, Try doing air squats first for 10 reps, 2 sets, then post here how you feel, very simple, tapos kayo in less than 5 mins, youll have a general idea of your condition..

Go check it out if you can do it in less than 5 mins..

Better vid

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I gained a lot of weight over the years I think my body is not used to being fat But I damaged my knees over 10 yrs ago when I was working out daily.

I am scared to exercise again because I heard too many people who dropped dead while exercising. These are guys in their 40s and fit (one is a runner pa).
    Well, if you don't want to exercise and you want to lower your BP, take meds, ask your doctor first. The thing is your doctor did not prescribe one right now because he/she believes you can still reverse it by making lifestyle changes. Maswerte ka nga, nahuli agad, yung iba kung kailan sumasakit na batok or worse bagsak na.