New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 147 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    red wine.. white wine..
    you can scan the internet and i'm sure you can find an article saying that "taken in moderation", it's good for your health.
    not necessarily correct, 'though. over half of the "medical literature" out there is bellicose balderdash.

Yes sir, nice that you pointed that out, there is always literature contradicting everything, what works for me might not work for everyone else

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

In my limited experience, that will be perceived by the doctor, as pre-hypertension.

And so, they will prescribe maintenance medicine....

Yup,- working in a Corporate World is one big burden to our health and sanity.....

_/_/_/
    "The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

30.3K _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

One indicator for me is my waist and my stress level, if one of those two goes up, kasama lagi ang bp

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Cathy,

Been through the same boat and what's worse, the hypertension resulted in aortic dissection. So, the cardiologist told me to:

1. Lessen salt in my diet (less junk and no MSG in foods)
    2. Continue exercise (brisk walking, biking, swimming, light jogging)
    3. Moderate stress triggers (that's why I hired 3 more managers to handle the heavy lifting) at work
    4. Maintenance medication (although I hope you won't need any)

Cheer up. 130/90 ain't that bad. And you can lower it a lot by doing the above.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    OK ba stair climbing as exercise, even at moderate pace? If all goes well, i'm planning to do this at work.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    OK ba stair climbing as exercise, even at moderate pace? If all goes well, i'm planning to do this at work.
    Actually, that's better than brisk walking IMHO. Our HR Head walks up the stairs all the way to the 8th Floor of our building everyday even if there is an elevator.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    Cathy,

Been through the same boat and what's worse, the hypertension resulted in aortic dissection. So, the cardiologist told me to:

1. Lessen salt in my diet (less junk and no MSG in foods)
    2. Continue exercise (brisk walking, biking, swimming, light jogging)
    3. Moderate stress triggers (that's why I hired 3 more managers to handle the heavy lifting) at work
    4. Maintenance medication (although I hope you won't need any)

Cheer up. 130/90 ain't that bad. And you can lower it a lot by doing the above.
    Bypass? Why did that happen? You left your high BP untreated?

I just found out last night that two of my colleagues (26 and 32) have high BP also so they were asked to monitor their BP for one week. I'm surprised that they are taking it very lightly

We tend to stay late and eat late, not sure if that has an effect too

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Yes, its ok, i sometime do it, lalo na pag may short notice na invite, a relative or a friend want to meet up for dinner and i dont know where were gonna eat, ill just go up and down the stairs for 30-45mins, burns around 250-400 cal, so there is room for a bigger meal..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I just found out last night that two of my colleagues (26 and 32) have high BP also so they were asked to monitor their BP for one week. I'm surprised that they are taking it very lightly
    They shouldn't. i used to have an officemate in his mid 20's, nagtaka na lang ako why i hadn't seen him in months...akala ko nag resign, yun pala nastroke, nagpagaling sa probinsya.

We tend to stay late and eat late, not sure if that has an effect too

In my mind, there is no way you will be able to burn off what you ate that late at night. All that food goes into "reserves".

Try to eat on time. Pansin ko sa sarili ko, i tend to eat less, and eat slower when i eat on time(7-730).

fyi, Paul Newman took up stair climbing in his older days. Less risk of injury. Not all buildings allow access to fire exits though.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    My problem with stairs is my knee damage Stupid stair climber machine

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    ok lang din bang mag car wash nalang pagka gising sa umaga.kasi un ang pinaka exercise ko sa umaga.ikot punas .ikot punas sa sasakyan ko.after nun sobrang tagaktak pawis ko..lalo na kapag nag wax ako ng manual or mano mano..

kahit papano siguro malakas din maka burn ng calories un kasi.papawisan ka din..