New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Saan laboratory hindi overprice ang food intolerance test?

Here’s What Novak Djokovic Eats In A Day
    Jessica Campbell10 Jan 2019

The diet that saw Djokovic go from regular mid-match collapses, to a Grand Slam winning streak and how to replicate it yourself.

He may be coming back from injury, but from 2011 through to 2016, Djokovic was largely unbeatable on the tennis court.

In one of the most masterful seasons in the sport, Djokovic reigned supreme in 2011, winning three of four Grand Slams and going 6-0 against Nadal and 4-1 to Federer’s athletic prowess.

With such a profound dominance in the sport, it’s hard to imagine a time where Djokovic wasn’t a shoe-in for the final and hoisting trophies above his head.

But to chart the tennis champion’s progression in the sport is to find that his early years were dogged with mid-match collapses that proved a barrier to the success he seemed capable of achieving.

Whilst commentators and tennis players alike thought the issue was with the Serb’s fitness, it wasn’t until Djokovic consulted a nutritionist that he learned how important diet is to performance and made some significant changes.
    The Turning Point

In 2010, Djokovic came up against Jo-Wilfried Tsonga at the 2010 Australian Open quarter-final. Despite taking a lead of two sets to one, Djokovic then suffered a physical crisis: he had trouble breathing, felt completely drained of strength, and vomited violently during a toilet break. When he returned to the court, he won only four games in the remaining two sets which saw Tsonga coast to victory.

Thankfully, Dr Igor Cetojevic, a nutritionist and fellow Serb, was watching the match and immediately suspected that Djokovic’s breathing difficulties were a consequence of an imbalance in his digestive system.

The pair later met for a consultation in which Cetojevic asked to hold a slice of bread against his stomach with his left hand, with his right arm outstretched, resisting the pressure as the doctor pushed down on him. When his arm felt appreciably weaker than before, it became apparent that Djokovic was sensitive to gluten.

Further blood tests showed he also was strongly intolerant to wheat and dairy products, and mildly sensitive to tomatoes. It’s not what most people want to hear, let alone those whose parents own a pizza restaurant. But Djokovic was motivated to succeed and immediately cut out bread and cheese from his diet, whilst also cutting down on tomatoes.

The Djokovic Diet

Djokovic went gluten-free for two weeks and felt immediate benefits. He felt lighter, more energetic and slept better than before. After the two weeks, Djokovic made the diet a permanent lifestyle and the benefits quickly followed. Within 12 months, he was healthier, more alert, energetic and mentally sharper.

Djokovic follows a gluten- and dairy-free diet. He also cuts out as much sugar as possible, tending to stick to vegetables, beans, white meat, fish, fruit, nuts, seeds, chickpeas, lentils and healthy oils.

His dedication is notably, quite intense – as you would expect from one of sport’s greatest icons. After winning a near six-hour final against Rafael Nadal at the 2012 Australian Open, Djokovic had a craving for chocolate, which he hadn’t eaten for 18 months. His physiotherapist brought him a bar but the Serb simply broke off one square, let it melt in his mouth and then left the rest.

Djokovic went on to write about his diet and the changes he made in his book, Serve To Win. Providing readers with detail on what he eats, he also gives a sample three days from his diet which we’ve laid out below, should you fancy trying it out yourself.
    Here’s What Novak Djokovic Eats In A Day - GQ

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    Saan laboratory hindi overprice ang food intolerance test?
    "i did not realize, m'sieu wanted the do-it-yourself kit..."
    the slice of bread is cheap.

novak is a super-athlete.
    he can justify any diet he wants to practice.
    Last edited by dr. d; February 27th, 2020 at 09:43 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I saw the HiPrecision food intolerance banner.. what a load of crap lol.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    I saw the HiPrecision food intolerance banner.. what a load of crap lol.
    errr...
    whypo?
    what did the banner say?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ito ung pinagtatawanan niya

magaling siya eh

6. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    mag-inquire ako nito dok. Kasi baka mura na jan sa hiprecision. Masyado mabigat sa population pag 10thou. 200 plus food ang itetest pero ang importante jan eh soy, nuts, grains, milk, egg and karne. Wag na yung mga unique na bihira namna sa pinas. Dagdag expenses lang.

Sa st lukes kasi 10thou tapos ang daming panel so magastos. (panel 1 to 12 ata)

ang habol ko eh gusto ko malaman kung allergic ako sa milk, soy, wheat, nuts, gluten. Sa gluten malakas na pakiramdam ko kasi nanlalata talaga ako sa whole wheat. Pati sa soy din basta iba.

yung milk ang crucial kasi gusto ko malaman kung pang kalabaw lang ba ako or pwede din cow and goat.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    5 Things I learned from my Food Intolerance Test (FIT)
    By
    Jeff Lo

There will always be some foods that when I consume triggers my acid re-flux, or makes me feel bloated or uncomfortable. There was a time I completely stopped drinking coffee because I thought it’s a causing some kind of allergic reaction to my body. I was never sure, it’s always trial and error.

So when Hi-Precision Diagnostics informed me that they have this new technology that measures food intolerance, I was immediately curious and eager to have myself tested! FoodPrinta Food Intolerance Test measures immunoglobulin antibody count for specific foods (high-tech stuff); the numbers provided are actual antibody counts, the higher the number, the higher your intolerance level.

As advised, repeated and continuous digestion of intolerant food groups causes inflammatory reaction in intestines causing incomplete absorption of nutrients, it also activates the immune system (much I allergies I suppose) leading to lesions manifested in skin and chronic inflammation in other tissues such as your joints and organs.

So after receiving the FoodPrint result, here are the things I learned:

#1: It’s NOT Coffee!
    Apparently based on the result, I’m completely tolerant to coffee! It’s most probably the MILK! Based on the FoodPrint, TOP 2 intolerant foods are CASEIN and MILK (Cow). CASEIN according to Wikipedia are proteins commonly found in mammalian milk, making up 80% of the proteins in cow milk.

I’ve been a Milk drinker all my life, I never really expected that milk is going to be a prime suspect. This means I need to lessen dairy intake, and switch from milk to soy. Will try this out and see the effects in a few weeks.
    ----

#2: Egg White and Wheat are NOT GOOD (for me)
    My general understanding for eggs is, Yellow BAD, White GOOD. So I eat mostly the white, I’ve been educated that it’s a good source of protein. But I guess after the FoodPrint, Egg Whites I can now clearly say that the whites are not always GOOD for everyone.

Same goes for Wheat! Wheat based products are normally advertised as a better option to white bread, I guess it’s not good for everyone too. Now I know! Glad to know that RICE is all GREEN!
    -----

#3: Fruits are generally OK, except for Orange and Cranberry
    Wait, What? Orange? Isn’t that supposed to be good for everyone? Oh wait, I guess not. Time to stick to Apple, Banana, Kiwi, Peach and Pear.
    5 Things I learned from my Food Intolerance Test | Pinoy Fitness

8. Join Date
    Sep 2015

#4: Meat all you can!
    I’m a self proclaimed carnivore, I love everything meat! So this made my day. Thank you!
    - - - - -

#5: I’m allergic to Beer!
    I finally have PROOF why I can’t drink a lot. That I’m intolerant to Brewer’s Yeast the essential ingredient in beer-making.

This FoodPrint result basically changed my perspective on how I see food and on what I eat everyday, I’m planning to do some small adjustments to my diet, specifically, eliminate dairy and milk, then observe the result.
    --------

For those who are wondering how the test is conducted, it’s simple, just a small finger prick to draw some blood into a small vial. That’s it! Results arrive in 2 weeks.

For those interested, the Food Intolerance Test costs P15,000 and is available in all Hi-Precision Diagnostic Centers.

Do you know someone who might benefit with this test? Forward this to them!
    Dapat maging 5thou below ganyan test. Kasi hindi yan maafford ng masang pinoy. Or bawasan yung test yung food lang available local and inimport ng pinas like yung meron sa divisoria, landers and s&r.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    mag-inquire ako nito dok. Kasi baka mura na jan sa hiprecision. Masyado mabigat sa population pag 10thou. 200 plus food ang itetest pero ang importante jan eh soy, nuts, grains, milk, egg and karne. Wag na yung mga unique na bihira namna sa pinas. Dagdag expenses lang.

Sa st lukes kasi 10thou tapos ang daming panel so magastos. (panel 1 to 12 ata)

ang habol ko eh gusto ko malaman kung allergic ako sa milk, soy, wheat, nuts, gluten. Sa gluten malakas na pakiramdam ko kasi nanlalata talaga ako sa whole wheat. Pati sa soy din basta iba.

yung milk ang crucial kasi gusto ko malaman kung pang kalabaw lang ba ako or pwede din cow and goat.
    kung magpapagawa ka, gawin mo na yung lahat.
    my guess is, the results will pull a few surprises for you.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Dapat maging 5thou below ganyan test. Kasi hindi yan maafford ng masang pinoy. Or bawasan yung test yung food lang available local and inimport ng pinas like yung meron sa divisoria, landers and s&r.
    Tingin mo ba iisipin pa ng masa kung saan sila allergic kung problema na nga kung saan hahanap ng kakainin?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast