New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ang isang inayawan ko sa FF, lalo na yun sa WinSum Tower eh andame bakla sa steam/sauna kahit office hours. most of the time kasi nag-gym ako between 2pm-5pm para konti tao. yun nga lang may ginagawa milagro yun iba dyan pag ganun oras. nagkumpulan sa mga sauna/steam,

yun ba tipong dumating ka, nag-cardio ka, balik ka sa locker to change, then weights naman, tapos balik ulit sa locker, then coffee break/ basa dyaryo, then liligo na (all these for almost 2 hours), yun mga bakla andun pa din nakatwalya pa-ikot-ikot sa loob ng locker/steam/sauna. dapat yun sunog na sila eh

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Ganon din sa FF The Fort.

Equipments are either dilapidated or not working.
    There was a time when the leatherette cover of elbow rests of the bicep curl machine was already cracked. Unless you wear elbow pads, you'd get skin irritation when you use the machine.
    Tapos yung wrist straps yung trebistretch units nila are already blackened with 5 3+ years worth of sweat. Who know what kind of bacterial / viral ecosystems are already in those wrist straps. (Baka maging source ng bagong antibiotics na yan...)

My biggest rant:

My member ID is already worn down. Sometimes the barcode reader can't validate my card anymore. When I asked for a new ID, they wanted to charge me a frikkin 400php!
    Lintik! 400php for a lousy quality ID whose barcode gets worn down whenever you stick it in the locker key slot? Kasalanan din nila yon.
    I just resorted to 'repainting' the worn down barcodes...so far, it works!

Anyway, despite all those things, I'm holding on to my FF membership at The Fort.
    Walking distance kasi from the office.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Luckily I rarely use machines hehe...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    ang isang inayawan ko sa FF, lalo na yun sa WinSum Tower eh andame bakla sa steam/sauna kahit office hours. most of the time kasi nag-gym ako between 2pm-5pm para konti tao. yun nga lang may ginagawa milagro yun iba dyan pag ganun oras. nagkumpulan sa mga sauna/steam,

yun ba tipong dumating ka, nag-cardio ka, balik ka sa locker to change, then weights naman, tapos balik ulit sa locker, then coffee break/ basa dyaryo, then liligo na (all these for almost 2 hours), yun mga bakla andun pa din nakatwalya pa-ikot-ikot sa loob ng locker/steam/sauna. dapat yun sunog na sila eh

Meron kwento sa SM North.. sa loob daw ng sauna.. may baklang nagulpi. Turned-out na NBI officer pala ung biniktima nya..hehe

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post

May nangyari rin daw ganun milagro mismo sa sauna ng Gold's gym sa Glorietta, nahuli at na ban, sabi ng member friend ko

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    nablind item na yang fitness first after lumabas ng complaint na yan, sa inquirer ata un or sa star. sa pinoyexchange dami din kwento tungkol sa mga nangyayari sa ff

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    First, I must say that it is my experienced opinion that Fitness First in the Philippines, i.e., Metro-Manila, Makati, etc, cannot be trusted. A friend of mine joined them in 2004. He gave Fitness First a TERMINATION notice, in writing, because he did not like their facilities.. So Fitness First did as he requested at first...and froze his account pending account termination. But at the 12 month, i.e. contract end point did they cancel his account? No way. Instead they re-started his account and billed him another 16 months beyond his one year contract at FULL PRICE. Honest mistake on their part? I doubt it considering the existence of the written request plus all of the resistance he is facing now. When he requested a refund from Fitness First, they first claimed to have lost his request to cancel. So he produced it. Then they claimed that it cannot be reversed because he was not proactive on reversing it when they charged him. He protested and pointed out that he produced a termination notice with their signature on a receiving copy. They still are saying 'no' because they froze it, even though he clearly requested termination.
    So let me get this straight...Fitness First won't give a refund because they over-billed a client and when he asks them to fix their mistake, they claim it's his fault?
    Fitness First Philippines, it is my opinion and the opinion of many that you are scum. It's bad enough that I've rarely, if ever seen your clients get results in your gym. When people join your gym they are expected to hire a personal trainer at an additional Php770 per session. I HAVE NOT ONCE MET A FITNESS FIRST TRAINER WITH A CLUE. If they did, maybe some of the people working out there would get noticeable results. Now, just because it appears to myself and others that your company continues to lose money in Manila Philippines, you feel that it's your right to fool your members? This is the way it appears to anyone who has seen this evidence from my friend. Don't you feel that it's your obligation to do the right thing before you are faced with a class-action lawsuit?
    The truth will come out about all of the people who have been exposed to this apparent trickery. So to all of the Fitness First members who are trying to get out of their contracts, and there are dozens based on people who have e-mailed me for help, my advice is simple - call your credit card company and tell them that your credit card was stolen. They will cancel your credit card and Fitness First won't be able to bill you anymore.

Read these discussions for more stories of questionable acts -
    http://pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14379711#post14379711
    and this one -
    http://forums.istorya.net/index.php?topic=35462.0

So that's it. Beware of Fitness First and don't give them your credit card. There's a reason they demand it from you and refuse to let you pay in cash now. Haven't you ever noticed that all of the workers and consultants in their head office don't appear to work out themselves? When I see a bunch of pasty managers with their bellies spilling over their belts whenever I've been there, something is very wrong with this supposed 'Fitness' company. Mark my words...Fitness First will be gone from the Philippines in a few years. People already know that their so-called trainers usually immediately put you on their crappy second-rate machines and you won't get results. Look around at how many people are working out in their clubs but appear to have never entered a gym for a day in their lives. Most people quit after a few weeks yet...they have your credit card for the whole year and you can't get out of your contract. Even then you run the risk of being billed beyond 12 months, EVEN WHEN YOU REQUEST TO QUIT IN WRITING. Php30,000 for no results is not worth it. Before you join Fitness First, consider that there are better options. TAKE YOUR TIME AND LOOK AROUND. DON'T PAY FOR A GYM WITH A NAME ONLY BUT NO SERVICE OR RESULTS TO BACK UP THEIR NAME.

Don't make the mistake of joining FITNESS FIRST for serious or realistic results. It's not for people looking for serious change in my experienced opinion. Is Php30,000 really worth losing by not listening to me here? Ask some of their current or previous members you know. Research and do your homework before you take a risk with them. You might be surprised at how negative most people are about them. Finally, do the people that you ask or their members that you see actually look like they work out? I see many fat girls and stick boys carrying their bags all of the time...and they never seem to change. If the answer for you is also a 'no', I've made my point, regardless of their questionable dealings with my friend.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    If you have any complaint againsts Fitness First Philippines, we would like to ask all those who have complaints, grievances, and problems with Fitness First all over the country, feel free to submit your complaints to DTI Consumer Welfare Desk.

Several problems such as credit card auto debiting, inaction to consumer complaints, non termination of fitness contracts even if clients already filed termination, open ended contracts, non return of double billing, freezing of account with charges, hidden charges, defieciency in safety standards, onerous contracts, non fulfillment of those promised or stipulated upon, credit card requirement upon membership, use of credit card info without authorization and informing the client, surcharges, injuries and others.

You may file at DTI Consumer Welfare Desk at 12th Floor Trafalgar Bldg, HV Dela Costa St, Makati City, or use the following contact numbers, you may call and walk ins are most welcome, you may also mail it to us or use a one day courier service.

HOTLINE: 751-3330
    Consumer Complaints: 8118231 to 33 local 1229
    Tel: 7510384 Fax: 8956487
    Via net: I-REKLAMO
    www.dti.gov.ph

You may write your story of any of your complaints or grievances, and submit to us, or call us.

CONSUMER WELFARE DESK

To further protect your interest please keep your receipts, contracts, registered mail stub, and letters submitted to Fitness First.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ang alam kong isang flaw sa design ng mga FF branches, they provide you with a key to any locker you choose, with corresponding numbers.

the problem with this key, minsan nailalabas ng isang member at puwede ipa-duplicate. although they counter this by saying, only in macao lang daw puwede mapa-duplicate ang keys.

the next day may duplicate na sya, at puwede nya buksan yun corresponding locker number with another member's valuables on it.

there have been so many cases of cellphone thefts sa loob ng locker mismo sa FF GH. could it be sa proximity ng Greenhills shopping, "the king of cellphones" center? all an enterprising cellphone dealer will do is to join FF, puhunan nya 1 year subscription worth almost 30k. pero smorgasboard ng cellphones worth 20k to 30k each for his taking.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Is it related to Family First?

The credit card must also be informed that you terminated your contract with FF so it won't bill you anymore.

I'm glad I was not convinced by a friend to join FF.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Fitness first rants