New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Matagal nang pinagpi-piyestahan yung issue sa family ni Donaire, bakit now lang siya nag-react.....

Si Reca at Chino Trinidad, Pinol, et al.....napag-initan.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/03...e-family-alone

MANILA, Philippines – Filipino boxing champ Nonito Donaire Jr. has asked some members of the media to back off in the wake of the now-resolved dispute between him and his father, Nonito Sr.

He said some sports journalists should stop meddling in his private life.

"Keep talking n ull feel what Montiel felt. U won't see it, ull just feel it. Sonic Boom!!" the bantamweight champ said on his Twitter account.

He mentioned sports journalist Chino Trinidad and Philboxing.com writers Manny Piñol and Granville Ampong.

Donaire has engaged Trinidad in bitter war of words on Twitter over the issue.

The "Filipino Flash" also warned Piñol and Ampong to stay away.

"Why dont u cm pick a fight with sm1 ur on size huh? ME AND PAPANG also said it was the media. We ALL pointed at U! So back off," he said.

Donaire, however, later clarified that he never threatened to punch journalists.

He said he was upset by some journalists who accused his wife of having caused the rift between him and his father.

"Ang problem naman dun eh is that they're singling out Rachel, eh.... Hindi naman lahat ginawa ni Rachel, eh," he told ABS-CBN News on Saturday night in Los Angeles, California (Sunday in Manila).

"Ayaw nilang sabihin ang pangalan ko. Ayaw nilang sabihin pangalan ng father ko. Parang gusto nila i-blame si Rachel lang," the "Filipino Flash" added.

Trinidad fires back

The journalists whom Donaire accused of meddling in his affairs have fought back.

In his Twitter account, Trinidad said it was "funny how Mr and Mrs Donaire are so afraid of the ghost they created."

He also warned the boxer to stop attacking him and his family.

In his most-recent tweet, Trinidad said he will end the issue before it blows out of proportions.

"BAGO MAGING PIYESTA ITO E AKO NA ANG GAGAWA NG UNANG HAKBANG PAGTAHIMIK NA LANG AT NG PAGPAPA-DIYOS NG KUNG ANO MAN ANG NAMAMAGITAN SA AMIN NI NONITO DONAIRE JR..." he said.

'Victory has many fathers; Defeat is an orphan'

Piñol, a former Cotabato governor, aired his side in his Philboxing.com column on Monday.

"I hope I will be able to shake you back to your senses, bring you back to earth again and make you realize that the triumph that you have just achieved, the euphoria, the celebration and the adulation that you enjoy now will have an end. That would make you a better champion and son," he todl Donaire.

Piñol said he does not completely believe Donaire Jr's "sudden turn-around" after reconciling with his father. The writer believes the boxer has a "real motive," claiming that the elder Donaire planned to file libel charges against the boxer and his wife.

"If you are really sincere in your reconciliation with your father, why don't you take him back as part of your team, even just as a cutman? That would really be the best proof that you action was sincere," he said.

Piñol also asked Donaire Jr. to keep his feet "firmly" planted on the ground.

"With that issue laid to rest, let me remind you again: Victory has many fathers; Defeat is an orphan," he said.

"[D]o not be carried away by all of these praises heaped on you now. Puede kang magyabang ng kaunti dahil champion ka na," the columnist added.

"I have to admit that in handling the story of your feud with Nonito Sr. I was biased in favor of your father. He is a dear friend and I saw how he was pained and how he suffered during the three years that you abandoned him because like him, I am a father. In all of those times, I comforted your father telling him that the crisis will certainly have an end," he said.

All is well

Amid the row, Donaire told ABS-CBN News that he is elated in having finally patched things up with his father.

"We're clearing it up... Ang masaya lang doon masaya kami kasi buo na kami ng family ko," he said.

Rachel also expressed satisfaction with the reconciliation.

"I'm happy it makes sleep a lot easier. You don't have to worry about the next morning about what this day has that I have to overcome," she said.

"Knowing that both families have agreed that enough is enough and this has gotten way out of hand, we're both on the same path and that way it makes the family stronger," the taekwondo black-belter added.

Donaire said he is still unsure when he will leave the US for the Philippines.

He plans to spend about a month in the country before heading back to his training camp.

The Filipino Flash's next fight is scheduled for the end of May. His opponent has yet to be named.

The fight will also be a chance to bring the Donaires family closer, as the "Filipino Flash" is arranging for his older brother, Glenn, to fight in the undercard. – Reports from Barry Viloria, abs-cbnNEWS.com; and Steve Angeles, ABS-CBN News North America Bureau

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    It's sad when supposed journalists start making the news instead of simply reporting the news. But then again, Philippine media has always been a very opinionated and involved entity.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Matagal nang pinagpi-piyestahan yung issue sa family ni Donaire, bakit now lang siya nag-react.....
    Nonito was not aware of these. Tinago daw sa kanya ni Rachelle so he can concentrate on his training for his fight with Montiel. Kaya ngayon lang niya nababalikan yung tatlong journalist.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Buti nga pinaguusapan pa sya. And it's not like nanglalake ung asawa nya or whatever para ikagalit nila. Normal lang sa pamilya ung may away.

Malayo pa sya from being ultra-popular. Just let it go Nonitow.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    ^^ dapat kasi may tinatabi na budget si Rachelle. She should know by now how it's like to do business in the Philippines. Lol! The attacks could even go lower than the champion's belt. Next time it is going to be the usual or occasional marital squabbles-those spats should have been only in the room.

Hey, couples could be petty. One party could be as frivolous as a climacteric faggot. Parents and children may have recieved and/or sent the wrong signals. But these things should not have found its way to the news and eventually for the mediamen to capitalize on them.

For a public figure,(now Donaire is) he should know the word PLACATE. He ought to restrain himself from joining in the word war. He should hire his PR man. At the end of the day, in order to get a good spot in the arena, he has to sell the whole package of donaire the boxer. That is if he is determined to get into the ring-a fight that pays well. That's business. Perception matters.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Problem with most Philippine media is their smug self-righteousness about reporting the "truth" (biased in their favor, no doubt) and their tendency to delve into private affairs and publish details that really should be kept behind closed doors just for the sake of something to write about or influence/show people how right they are.

If somebody has a family problem and you want to help them solve it, you don't go publishing the details to the world. Doing so will only incite negative feelings and will hinder any possible future reconciliations. (As if they didn't see this coming.)

Though, Donaire should've just shut up about the matter or just made a simple comment expressing his disapproval of the actions of those "journalists".

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^Couldn't have said it better.

Nonito Donaire maybe a public figure being a pro boxer, but his family most certainly should be exempt from the kind of scrutiny these media "scum" are putting out.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    *double post*
    Last edited by Altis6453; March 8th, 2011 at 05:43 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Kulang lang sa tobalats mga yan....

lam nyo na media sa atin, laking pera jan...parang mga lespu...mahilig sa kotong....

Hello kabayan Noli....

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Not to mention the "circus" that the Pacquiao family turned into due to media overexposure. Partly their fault, though.

Donaire should've just taken out a page from the Angelica Panganiban book of butthurt and just sued if he really wants these "journalists" to shut up and/or retract the statements.

Compared to the latter's desperate call to the waaaaahmbulance (Suing internet trolls!? Seriously!?), this might have more substance.

Donaire to media: Leave my family alone