New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypee10 View Post
    ibenta si altis bile ng pick up..
    i used to have a pickup....naku, lahat sila sayo na sasabay, just buy a hitchpro and a kuat bike rack....

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypee10 View Post
    iwanan mo na ung tsikot mo.mag bike kana lang.
    Yung iba kasi nagsasawa sa route nila. Eh pag malayo yung gustong subukan, hindi pwede i-bike kasi ubos oras at energy mo papunta pa lang dun.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Paano nadislodge? Diba the mount has a strap on top of it para hindi matanggal kahit malubak? And then meron pang strap na additional which you can tie around the wheels para hindi gumagalaw handlebar.
    Diko alam pano ko explika but here goes, yung rubber "U" mount kung san pinapatong yung top tube ng bike, napatalon yung top tube ng bike off it, bale napunta sya dun sa tube ng rack mismo. Yung rubber strap hindi natanggal, mukang nagstretch sya nung naalon ako kaya nawala sa isang pwesto yung top tube ng bike. Nahirapan pako tanggalin at ibalik sa tamang pwesto ito kasi sobrang sikip na nung rubber strap at asa labas na ng mount yung top tube ng bike.

Posibleng loose yung pagkastrap ko? but i've been doing it that way naman ever since, baka nastretch na yung rubber strap sa kakagamit? i really don't know anu naging cause, nilunok ko nalang yung idea na carelessness ko muntik pako makaaksidente ng iba.

Yes, yung straps naman na tela which are extra long, ginagamit ko din pang secure ng moving parts nung bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by L1quid View Post
    Diko alam pano ko explika but here goes, yung rubber "U" mount kung san pinapatong yung top tube ng bike, napatalon yung top tube ng bike off it, bale napunta sya dun sa tube ng rack mismo. Yung rubber strap hindi natanggal, mukang nagstretch sya nung naalon ako kaya nawala sa isang pwesto yung top tube ng bike. Nahirapan pako tanggalin at ibalik sa tamang pwesto ito kasi sobrang sikip na nung rubber strap at asa labas na ng mount yung top tube ng bike.

Posibleng loose yung pagkastrap ko? but i've been doing it that way naman ever since, baka nastretch na yung rubber strap sa kakagamit? i really don't know anu naging cause, nilunok ko nalang yung idea na carelessness ko muntik pako makaaksidente ng iba.

Yes, yung straps naman na tela which are extra long, ginagamit ko din pang secure ng moving parts nung bike.

I understand your description bro, quite a scary experience indeed. I checked mine a few minutes ago and the rubber strap looks tight enough, but you're right that it might loosen up over time. Thankfully after 400+ km my bike hasn't dislodged from the mount yet.

How did you tie your strap around the wheels? I'm trying to find the most optimal way to strap it around the moving parts of the bike to firmly secure it.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I understand your description bro, quite a scary experience indeed. I checked mine a few minutes ago and the rubber strap looks tight enough, but you're right that it might loosen up over time. Thankfully after 400+ km my bike hasn't dislodged from the mount yet.

How did you tie your strap around the wheels? I'm trying to find the most optimal way to strap it around the moving parts of the bike to firmly secure it.

Ingat ka nalang sa maalon/lubak para di mapatalon, medyo malaki din kasi tendency nya mag whip up dahil nga buntot sya.

What i do sa moving parts:
    1. Use velcro straps (yung ginagamit as cable ties for wirings) on the brake levers, this prevents the wheels from spinning habang tumatakbo. Pede rin naman yung long straps ng rack for this, di naman kelangan super higpit eh, just enough.
    I didn't really strap the tyres/wheels anymore

2. Secure the pedal to the nearest tube (chainstay, seat or down tube) using the long straps ng rack.

3. Then secure the handle bar ends in place using the long straps again looping it to the racks' arms. Pede ito tandem sa #1.

4. Strap outside pedal to the outside arm ng rack, yung sa part na malayo sa kotse, this helps prevent the bike from swinging towards the car, palayo lang yung swing nya kung sakali. Pede ito tandem sa #2.

Hope these help.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Careful lang sa mga trunk-mounted racks kasi nakaka scratch ng paint. Also, these types of racks typically don't have good rustproofing, so it compounds the issue of getting your car scratched.

This is one reason why hardcore cyclists who own sedans generally go for a roof rack.

EDIT: saw your photo taken at Mt. Samat, try to hook up with someone from the Bataan Enduro Elite Riders (Team B.E.E.R.) they can point you to the best and gnarliest trails around the area.
    Sent using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Verbl Kint; January 20th, 2017 at 07:58 PM.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    get a bolt-on hitch receiver for your car. or fabricate one. they bolt onto the holes on your "chassis" and hang from the tow hooks

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by L1quid View Post
    Ingat ka nalang sa maalon/lubak para di mapatalon, medyo malaki din kasi tendency nya mag whip up dahil nga buntot sya.

What i do sa moving parts:
    1. Use velcro straps (yung ginagamit as cable ties for wirings) on the brake levers, this prevents the wheels from spinning habang tumatakbo. Pede rin naman yung long straps ng rack for this, di naman kelangan super higpit eh, just enough.
    I didn't really strap the tyres/wheels anymore

2. Secure the pedal to the nearest tube (chainstay, seat or down tube) using the long straps ng rack.

3. Then secure the handle bar ends in place using the long straps again looping it to the racks' arms. Pede ito tandem sa #1.

4. Strap outside pedal to the outside arm ng rack, yung sa part na malayo sa kotse, this helps prevent the bike from swinging towards the car, palayo lang yung swing nya kung sakali. Pede ito tandem sa #2.

Hope these help.

Thanks for the tips bro! Will try them next time I ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    Careful lang sa mga trunk-mounted racks kasi nakaka scratch ng paint. Also, these types of racks typically don't have good rustproofing, so it compounds the issue of getting your car scratched.

This is one reason why hardcore cyclists who own sedans generally go for a roof rack.

EDIT: saw your photo taken at Mt. Samat, try to hook up with someone from the Bataan Enduro Elite Riders (Team B.E.E.R.) they can point you to the best and gnarliest trails around the area.
    Sent using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the tips. The parts in contact with my trunk are covered with rubber mats so there's an additional level of protection from scratches.

Roof racks don't look well with my car. I prefer trunk mounts because I can remove them. I'm not a hardcore cyclist anyway.

One of my good friends has been biking in Bataan since the early 90's so he's connected to most of the bike groups there. I just don't generally enjoy bike groups because they're usually middle-aged men that are closer to my dad's age than mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    get a bolt-on hitch receiver for your car. or fabricate one. they bolt onto the holes on your "chassis" and hang from the tow hooks
    I agree, tow hooks are sturdier, but looks tacky on a sedan. Maybe if I get an SUV. I'm not willing to compromise my car's looks for my bike since I'm just a casual cyclist.

Last edited by jut703; February 3rd, 2017 at 09:24 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010

One of my good friends has been biking in Bataan since the early 90's so he's connected to most of the bike groups there. I just don't generally enjoy bike groups because they're usually middle-aged men that are closer to my dad's age than mine.

Trust me, Team BEER are definitely not middle-aged men. ;D

Also, your friend probably has not tried the Downhill and Enduro trails there as these were just recently cut out from the forest. These are some of the best hardcore mountain biking trails in Luzon, hope you get a chance to ride them.

There's a downhill race there this month so you'll probably get to see many riders doing track reads to prep.

Sent using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    My suggestion is to install a crossbar on you car and a bike rack. Having a bike rack in the rear of the car is hassle talaga.

The downside nga lang ng roof mounted is you have to remvove the front wheels.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast