New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    I've practiced Kendo for about less than a year. I've found two Dojos in Google maps. Are there anymore?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Got no time to join as of the momment, so, I am considering selling my Hakama, two shinais (1 round, 1 oval handle), one bokken. Condition is still ok.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Wahhh. Brushless, nihonjin desu ka?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    ^No. Why would I be Japanese? Kendo is open to all nationalities.

Still thinking of whether keeping my Kendo stuff or sell it. Maybe, I'll just practice on my own or find someone to practice with anytime.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by brushless View Post
    ^No. Why would I be Japanese? Kendo is open to all nationalities.

Still thinking of whether keeping my Kendo stuff or sell it. Maybe, I'll just practice on my own or find someone to practice with anytime.
    If you were not far from me, I can practice with you. That is, you teach me so that we can practice. The questions is, will I be able to keep up with you?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    ^I thought you were a fellow Kendo practitioner. I had to read that again though. lol

I only have one set of Bogu armor. I can't be possibly hitting you on the head, throat, arms and side of the stomach. LOL! Adequate padded protection is needed because you'll be badly hit on these areas:

Kendo is basically teaching you how to slash someone on the top of the head (men) splitting it open, thrusting the sword through someone's throat (tsuki) and out the other side, cutting someone's arm (kote) until it falls off and slashing the side of someone's stomach (do) until their entrails gush out.

It's pretty gruesome if you think of it if you're armed with a real Samurai sword. Kill Bill, anyone? HAHAHAHAHA!

I'm still thinking whether to keep or sell due to time constraints. Venue can also be a problem because a hardwood floor is needed as you have to be barefoot. If it is a shared public place like a basketball court or badminton, people will get scared because you really need to grunt and shout at the top of your lungs. It might also attract a lot of people.

Anyway, I'll see. Thanks for the offer bro.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    This is very interesting! Unfortunately, I'm not up to the task if ever I can acquire the equipment. I'm couldn't even hold properly a nunchucks. Definitely, I won't even last for a two minute round for a hand-to-hand sparring.

I'm not worried if ever we meet, I'll make sure to outrun you with my car!

[emoji1]