New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    I didn't get LASIK but got the PRK (photorefractive keratectomy) instead. It was done overseas and cost about the same as the current rates here. PRK takes a few more days to heal compared to LASIK but it leaves you with a lot 'stronger' eye. With LASIK, your eyes are good as soon as you leave the clinic but one can never play full contact sports and the like for fear of dislodging the operated eye (its bond is weaker compared to PRK). I had normally dry eyes and it almost disqualified me so I used lubricating eye drops for a few years. Not a whole lot of downside so I have nothing but praises for my docs who performed my surgery flawlessly. I'm a very happy customer and wish everyone needing it can have it done for a minimal fee. I was a good candidate for it (mid 30's at the time) since my eyesight has already stabilized for a few years.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CooperS View Post
    I didn't get LASIK but got the PRK (photorefractive keratectomy) instead. It was done overseas and cost about the same as the current rates here. PRK takes a few more days to heal compared to LASIK but it leaves you with a lot 'stronger' eye. With LASIK, your eyes are good as soon as you leave the clinic but one can never play full contact sports and the like for fear of dislodging the operated eye (its bond is weaker compared to PRK). I had normally dry eyes and it almost disqualified me so I used lubricating eye drops for a few years. Not a whole lot of downside so I have nothing but praises for my docs who performed my surgery flawlessly. I'm a very happy customer and wish everyone needing it can have it done for a minimal fee. I was a good candidate for it (mid 30's at the time) since my eyesight has already stabilized for a few years.
    i dont do contact sports but have competed in sportclimbing, bouldering, long distance triathlons, ultramarathons, long distance cycling and surf. ive been tumbled and tossed like a ragdoll many times on wipeouts on 6-7ft waves and crashed on the road at 40kph on a bike, my eyes are still ok. you cannot dislodge the eye since lasik does not involve any operation in the sockets. the only operation is the cutting of the outer thin clear film covering the retina which will be fully healed after one month

only complication for lasik is the healing of the thin flap, they can be infected due to dirt from surrounding elements

i just wikied and lasik and PRK are of similar procedure

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kotiko View Post
    I have poor eyesight already (350 grade in one eye if I recall) although I wear glasses but it's not the same as the recommended grade. Been to eye doctors twice and both of them recommend it for me already, although I haven't really taken the formal screening test. I've annually made research about it but never really had the chance to get the surgery, since I never really saved up for it and partly because my parents oppose it.

Basically I don't recall myself having 20/20 vision ever since I was in elementary, so I had always needed to sit in front of the blackboard to copy notes. :D

Anyway, since I've managed to save up a bit already, all I really need is to convince myself to take it, maybe within 12 months... :D
    lasik is pretty much safe. my grade before was 450 and 500 (my other eye was weaker). you can take the free diagnostic at american eye to check if you can take lasik, you can ask about the procedure there also

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Just View Post
    is it true that it's not worth it, if you're already a bit old (late 30)?
    i'm also interested in this pero i was thinking na baka masayang lang at bumalik agad ang malabo kong mata.
    isnt anything worth already if you buy in your late 30's? i think that's still pretty young, you still have 20 more years to do stuff that you werent able to do with your weak eyesight before

my eyesight is still 20/20 (if not 20/15), i had my lasik done 2005 so 6 years na yung mata ko, if i fully depreciate it: Php65,000 / 6 / 365 = php30 per day, para lang parking ko sa lasal yan per day dati and im sure my eyes will still be good for another 4-5 years, so para sakin sulit talaga mag pa lasik unless of course you dont expect to live for the next 5 years, knock on wood..

from what i remember, nearsightedneass as was explained to me before the lasik is caused by the elongation of the eye globe, so i think mas ok if you have your lasik done on an older age where you dont considerable grow anymore as compared to being a teen or a kid

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    meron na bang nakapag inquire lately kung magkano na ang LASIK?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Still mostly the same as before. As low as 45k+ to as high as 100k+ depending on where you get it from, professional fees, specific procedure (Lasik/PRK), and discounts..

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kotiko View Post
    Hi guys,

Just want to ask if there are members here who had LASIK surgery.

Where and when did you have it done?

How much did it cost you?

How are your eyes doing so far?

Thanks!

Hi i actually had my lasik last month of june, and its successful. My grade was 850 left - 750 right and now im in 20/20 vision. they're BLADE free and Painless and my procedure was done for almost half an hour. they also offer the cheapest amount in regards of using bladeless procedure. the service was also good as well as the doctor. if you want i can refer you to my friend and maybe she can give u discount.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    meron na bang nakapag inquire lately kung magkano na ang LASIK?
    I think its depend on the procedure of lasik.. from my previous procedure which is Bladeless it costs me 89000 for both eyes with lifetime check up and inclusive of medications and evaluations...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Just wanted to revive this thread.

Wife was thinking if we should get lasik next time. We're both in our 30s still wear prescription glasses.

Any updates about this topic? May tsikoteers ba na nagpa-lasik recently?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    My wife had a PRK procedure in 2014. PRK dissolves a hole in the surface of the eye so the laser can get through. LASIK uses a scalpel or some other cutting tool to open a flap which is peeled back then reattached when the procedure is completed. PRK recovery time is longer because the surface has to regrow. LASIK recovery is faster but there is a risk of the flap detaching in some circumstances.

No complaints from her since then. She currently has better eyesight than me considering that back then she was wearing grade 600+ contacts and I was 20/20. Only complaint is that her eyes feel more sensitive to heat and wind but that might also be caused by years of getting used to glasses or contacts.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Anyone here tried LASIK?