New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hi guys,

Just want to ask if there are members here who had LASIK surgery.

Where and when did you have it done?

How much did it cost you?

How are your eyes doing so far?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i had mine done 2005 at American Eye Center at Shang. 65k noon. they tested 20/15 vision, but i got to test it at 20/10 eye chart. supervision! haha i should've gotten their promo - 120k for xray vision LOL

my vision is still good, probably not 20/10 anymore around 20/15-20/20. downside, all lights at night are starburst, my nightvision is very poor and my eyes still dry up sometimes but nothing like a couple of eyedrops can fix. overall id happily do it again given that i was almost blind without glasses before

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Wow finally got a reply after 15 days. Thank you miLes!

I thought the starburst and dry eyes only occur during the initial months, as usually mentioned from what I've read.

Hmmm... I'm curious about the nightvision thing, do you mean the eyes generally have a hard time adjusting at night?

Thanks for your response!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    my wife and I had laser surgery 2002. american eye shangrila, cost 50k back then. so far my vision is ok, probably 20/20 as it was 20/15 before. but my wife's vision has deteriorated. she now needs to wear -50 glasses for nearsightedness.
    I never had that starburst, or dry eyes feeling, but my wife did complain about those.
    I'd say not everyone will have the same progression/deterioration.
    Pero one thing, it's money well spent. ika nga sa mastercard...priceless.

btw, my officemate had lasik way back in 1996, cost 30k then sa american eye. one of the guinea pigs I'd say.
    di pa nila kaya same day procedure both eyes so he went back after a couple of days.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kotiko View Post
    Wow finally got a reply after 15 days. Thank you miLes!

I thought the starburst and dry eyes only occur during the initial months, as usually mentioned from what I've read.

Hmmm... I'm curious about the nightvision thing, do you mean the eyes generally have a hard time adjusting at night?

Thanks for your response!
    sorry i seldom log in. yes, that's what they said but it really doesnt bother me much, i guess i got used to seeing starbursts now. the dry eyes really occur when i wake up midsleep so it doesnt really happen that much

regarding the nightvision, yes, after lasik it was harder for my eyes to adjust. coming from a lighted room then when you move to a dim room my eyes take some seconds longer before night vision returns and when it returns its not nearly as good as when i had glasses, parang the room looks darker.

but really dont let these discourage you, i will recommend lasik over and over again, it changed my life. funny thing after all these years sometimes before i sleep i still try to remove my glasses before realizing na wala na pala akong glasses haha!

may isa pa palang downside...i have nightmares na malabo uli mata ko hehe

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by miLes View Post
    may isa pa palang downside...i have nightmares na malabo uli mata ko hehe
    Haha nice one :D Thanks again!

Well hopefully when I get to save up, I'll have my surgery done!

More feedback are welcome!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    * sir kotiko.. matanong ko lang.. you started out this thread.. were you prescribed with LASIK surgery?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by surgeon_jm View Post
    * sir kotiko.. matanong ko lang.. you started out this thread.. were you prescribed with LASIK surgery?
    I have poor eyesight already (350 grade in one eye if I recall) although I wear glasses but it's not the same as the recommended grade. Been to eye doctors twice and both of them recommend it for me already, although I haven't really taken the formal screening test. I've annually made research about it but never really had the chance to get the surgery, since I never really saved up for it and partly because my parents oppose it.

Basically I don't recall myself having 20/20 vision ever since I was in elementary, so I had always needed to sit in front of the blackboard to copy notes. :D

Anyway, since I've managed to save up a bit already, all I really need is to convince myself to take it, maybe within 12 months... :D

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    is it true that it's not worth it, if you're already a bit old (late 30)?
    i'm also interested in this pero i was thinking na baka masayang lang at bumalik agad ang malabo kong mata.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    You can try Sentro Oftalmologico Jose Rizal (UP-PGH) in Manila. PGH is a public hospital pero high-tech ang SOJR. It was donated by Spain (everything, including the building and all the equipment).

Most of the doctors there are also from St. Luke's. Most I've met are diplomate already.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Anyone here tried LASIK?