New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Hi jule! I'm a general surgeon (hence my username "surg"), Diplomate of Phil.Board of Surgery and Fellow of Phil.College of Surgeons and Phil. Society of General Surgeons. Practicing in the Bundok. Welcome to Tsikot!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jule View Post
    ....merry x mas to everyone.am sure kabi kabila ang party ngayon.ingat lang tayo lahat sa kalusugan natin.
    Tama ka dyan, doc jule, kaya sa company namin, we step up our information campaign on the hazards of life's excesses during this season, that includes, hypertension aggravated by stress brought about by the holiday rush, simbang gabi, parties left and right; high cholesterol due to high fat intake (from lechon, liempo, fruit and buko salad because of the cream) during the holidays; obesity, kasi mga tao hindi kumakain ngayon, lamon ang ginagawa, hahaha. I'll stop here. Magmumukha na akong killjoy, hehe.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    doc jule welkam po sa tsikot! dami ko rin natutunan dito at ito ang aking stress reliever pag nasa offshore ako. lahat ng mga doc dito ay mababait bukod yata sa isang feeling doc na pasaway?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Hi! Pasali!

I used to work as a Barge Doctor based in Dubai and presently working as an Offshore Medical Officer dito sa isang Offshore Complex malapit sa Iran on a 28 days cycle......Saklap lang nataon yung shift ko this Christmas/ NewYear..........

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    nice to meet you Shintaro.Dami na pala tayong mga doctors dito.here's the updated list;

1. sherwin tommy
    2. [B]bladerunner[B]
    3. Smooth
    4. Gleenster
    5. wiretap md
    6. shintaro
    7. Gumuset Amige
    8. ooba99
    9. surg
    10. biboy28
    11. Otep
    12. Cutedoc
    To all the tsikoters,I wish you a very merry christmas and a happy new year.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jule View Post
    nice to meet you Shintaro.Dami na pala tayong mga doctors dito.here's the updated list;

1. sherwin tommy
    2. [b]bladerunner[b]
    3. Smooth
    4. Gleenster
    5. wiretap md
    6. shintaro
    7. Gumuset Amige
    8. ooba99
    9. surg
    10. biboy28
    11. Otep
    12. Cutedoc
    To all the tsikoters,I wish you a very merry christmas and a happy new year.
    Doc Jule, the meaning of 2 b's enclosed in paretheses on the two sides of a name, is banned ng tsikot yung username na yun, tama ba guys? You can deduce from there. Baka me umapela, sinama mo sya sa list. Anyway, masaya dito, and read the different threads, including the non-automotive threads, promise, masaya talaga.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hello, ngayon lang po naka-log in [nag-Christmas Eve ako on duty]. Tapos duty na naman mamaya! [ang saklap!]. hehehe

Sir sherwin and smooth [gramps? ] salamat po sa advice.
    meron ba nag offer ng ATLS sa manila
    Ano po ang ATLS? UP-PGH and UST offer Advanced Cardiac Life Support Courses. In UST, all interns and residents are required to be certified. Residents and fellows have to be recertified every two years as long as they are training in UST. The nurse I worked with in Aeromed had his ACLS via UP-PGH.

otep, tama si sherwintommy. ok na ang status mo. don't take this wrongly pards pero i felt much the same way when i was a resident.
    Doc, happy pa naman po ako sa buhay. Just curious what's going on outside. Saka para may maipayo din ako sa mga kabarkada ko ayaw na mag-residency. Yung iba sa kanila moonlighting sa ospital nila commander.

i felt na para kasing nakakulong lang ako sa hospital while there is so much happening outside.
    Tama din ito. Ang pampalubag loob na lang ay ang mga magagandang clerks at interns. hahahaha.

i often hated how little i made (with regards to salary) while doing so much work and going on duties. sobrang under-compensated ang pakiramdam ko. puyat, pagod, gutom.. tapos ang liit ng sahod.
    Yeah, grabe ang disparity ng sahod sa moonlight at sa residency. Ang pampalubag loob na lang ay ang pag-asa na magkaron ng rewarding practice afterwards.

pero take heart, everything will pan out well after residency training. lalo na ENT. anlakas ng practice ng ENT. the ENT people i know are doing so well now.
    Ito nga inaantay ko. Thanks for the wise words.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Ano po ang ATLS? UP-PGH and UST offer Advanced Cardiac Life Support Courses. In UST, all interns and residents are required to be certified. Residents and fellows have to be recertified every two years as long as they are training in UST. The nurse I worked with in Aeromed had his ACLS via UP-PGH.

Doc Otep...ATLS is Advanced Traumatic Life Support...there are courses being offered but in Singapore and Hong Kong...I was wondering if we have a Training Center in Manila that offers such course as well....I would be very grateful if you have any info to share...Happy New Year to all of us....

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Hi,VENTURER.ayan,nadagdagan pa tayo ng isa.14 na tayo.Happy New Year to All.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Hello, ngayon lang po naka-log in [nag-Christmas Eve ako on duty]. Tapos duty na naman mamaya! [ang saklap!]. hehehe

Sir sherwin and smooth [gramps? ] salamat po sa advice.

Doc, happy pa naman po ako sa buhay. Just curious what's going on outside. Saka para may maipayo din ako sa mga kabarkada ko ayaw na mag-residency. Yung iba sa kanila moonlighting sa ospital nila commander.

Yeah, grabe ang disparity ng sahod sa moonlight at sa residency. Ang pampalubag loob na lang ay ang pag-asa na magkaron ng rewarding practice afterwards.
    your parents and grandparents are doctors right? so i guess i don't need to dwell on the fact that its much more toxic in private practice than it is in residency. sa practice kasi walang leave at walang off. essentially on-call ka talaga 24/7. i keep telling people this one time i went to my aunt's place in paranaque after braving an hour and a half of traffic. pagod at gutom, nagpa-park ako nang matanggap ko ang tawag na may emergency cs sa hospital. no choice. balik kaagad ako sa hospital.

pero rewarding naman ang trabaho natin (and this i have to say in spite of the numerous promissory notes and the generally negative climate against the practice of medicine in this country). honestly, iba pa din ang trabahong nakakatulong ka sa kapwa mo. of course, i'll be honest na nakakainis talaga ang mga pasyenteng tumatawad sa pf mo but it can't be helped. i noticed however that ang mga tumatawad kadalasan belongs to a certain socio-demographic group.

baka may mag-react sa post ko (medyo controversial kasi). naiintindihan ko ang pag-haggle sa presyo ng professional fee (which is okay), pero ang nakakainis ang mga tumatawad pag sinigilan na. bakit hindi tumawad sa umpisa ng transaction? bakit sa huli? kapag ba bumili tayo ng isang bagay sa tindahan, tatawad ba tayo after natin magamit ang product? di ba the general procedure is we look at the product, we ask how much, we haggle, and then we purchase? sa medicine kasi parang we look at the product, we ask how much, we purchase (eg. we avail of the service) and then we haggle. parang may mali ata dun.

minsan pa nga nagiging combative ang pasyente (or ang kasama ng pasyente) kapag hindi ka pumayag na babaan ang pf mo. i remember this one time na nagalit talaga ang mom ng pasyente kasi ayaw pumayag ng isang consultant (note: hindi ako) na babaan ang pf niya. tinanong ko ang consultant bakit ayaw niya pumayag. ang sagot niya: naka-dalawang tawad na daw ang ibinigay niya tapos humihingi pa ng isa, plus sobrang baba na daw ng pf niya na nakaka-insulto na daw. (actually, it was -- nagulat din ako sa baba ng singil niya e.)

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
any doctors in the house.