New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Everybody here knows the game by heart... Heck, I use to have sleepless nights because of this game in the PS1 console. All the nice cars, superb graphics, a "true driving simulator", what can I say it's the mother of all modern racing games! Where can we drive supercars such as the Dodge Viper GTS, Audi R8, Nissan GT-R, Ferrari 430, Benz SL55 AMG etc. Thanks to this game we had the "feel" of getting behind the wheel of such cars!

Now, let's once again get our joysticks (umm...our PS joysticks) and drive ourselves nuts!

The official cover

The unofficial cover...

*Heres the official website and it's car line up
    *http://www.granturismoworld.com/en-au/gt5_prologue/garage/index.htm

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hehehe I am still hesitant to buy a PS3 just for this game though, pero meron naman Forza Motorsport 2 sa Xbox 360 which is kinda like a Gran Turismo clone....

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Imo, it's not a clone pero a little lang... hehehe.

PS3 - BDL
    XBOX 360 - 3RL
    iam3739.com

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    OT: The BDL can be fixed albeit quite expensive mga P4k ata yung 3RL paminsan dead na console mo forever....

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I saw the site... the cars are awesome!! Few but still, well... the best there is and there was. He he...but I cant help but notice that just like in other popular Japanese made race games where they feature sports to supercars, there is Honda scarcity. Like the popular arcade game Wangan Midnite (have you guys played it? very nice huh?), no Honda at all. Maybe my tsinoy friend who works in a Japanese port is right, Honda is less popular in Japan when it comes to performance vehicles vs. other Japanese rivals-- like Fellow big 3- Nissan Toyota, and other top brands like Mitsu and Subaru.

By the way, I heard before that the GTR proto was going to be the cover of the game.. I guess they now settled to the actual GTR production. Hmm, maybe its because of the delay of the game's launching.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    always have been a GT fan. hope this one plays out well!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Games like this deserve better than a gamepad or joystick. I just bought a Logitech driving wheel/brake/gas pedal for my daughter to use on the old PS2. It should work with a PS3 (my next purchase) as well.

The Logitech NASCAR steering wheel/gas/brake pedals hooked to my gaming pc doesn't have a stick shift. Instead, it has 2 buttons easily reachable by both thumbs. Personally, I like the buttons better.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; April 9th, 2008 at 04:18 AM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Uy mukang nakaktempt bumili nyan ah.... Basta di lang mahal....

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The G25 is a great system... well worth the money.... we used it at the motorshow last week:

I've only used it with Gran Turismo HD... and once you get used to it, it's great. There's a shifter that can either be used as a six speed manual or a sequential stick... that's the flimsiest part of the unit, though... and feels way too light. The steering wheel has steel paddles that feel much better.

There's also a three pedal box with a clutch. It's got firmer pedal action than the Driving Force Pro we used to run on.

We're going to have a great set-up for the Tran-Sport Show... I just can't wait!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Uy mukang nakaktempt bumili nyan ah.... Basta di lang mahal....
    The Logitech Driving Force Pro (pictured) we bought for our kid retails for ~$130.00. The Logitech G25 niky mentioned retails for $300.00!!! at Best Buy.

My old Logitech NASCAR retailed for $60.00 brand new.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; April 10th, 2008 at 04:41 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The All New Gran Turismo Game!