New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    the label "alternative" was coined by physicians trained in the traditional western methods. the label did not come from the chinese or whoever started it on this planet.
    point of view lang, is all.

and yes, a number of real MDs do practice acupuncture. they have decided that it has its uses.
    "it is difficult to argue against success."

and if one realizes just how old chinese civilization is, and how old western medicine is...

consider: we know nothing about human civilization 50,000 years ago.

ok then. the next time you require urgent medical care please specify chinese traditional medicine only. then you'll see

fair enough

2. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I wonder why MDs are getting into acupuncture

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

pera

they go where the money is. not all doctors are successful at being real doctors

and some just wanna take it easy. just stick some needles in. attach electrodes. voila. wala nang isip-isip

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    the label "alternative" was coined by physicians trained in the traditional western methods. the label did not come from the chinese or whoever started it on this planet.
    point of view lang, is all.

and yes, a number of real MDs do practice acupuncture. they have decided that it has its uses.
    "it is difficult to argue against success."

and if one realizes just how old chinese civilization is, and how old western medicine is...

consider: we know nothing about human civilization 50,000 years ago.
    Thanks doctor for making me feel a little better. Our family member can have surgery but this is what we are trying to avoid, her doctors also said tignan muna kung pwede hindi i surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    pera

they go where the money is. not all doctors are successful at being real doctors

and some just wanna take it easy. just stick some needles in. attach electrodes. voila. wala nang isip-isip
    It blows my mind because this MD is a surgeon. Our primary MD is her wife (dermatologist) so the PF is free. The leg ulcer (non healing wound) is taking too slow to close up so she referred us to her husband who does acupuncture. The upkeep for this leg ulcer is extremely expensive so she is also concerned about our expenses. I was surprised that the surgeon husband who did the acupuncture did not make up pay for PF also. He is very enthusiastic about the results of his acupuncture patients and even showed me pictures. I am still skeptical.

My Mom and I had a fight because she wants me to continue with the acupuncture for our family member. Pero ako, I not enthusiastic about it.

Pinaghahanap nga kami ng lintang ilog because that is supposed to improve the circulation in the legs daw. But I did watch a docu na they use linta for burn victims.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    as an aside.

i have this chinese colleague.
    he says that, when they were young, and they got sick, their parents made them drink this horribly foul-tasting medicine...
    but they unfailingly got well, the next day.

"just because we do not know anything about it, does not mean it does not exist."

kaya nga the goal is to find what works to find exactly what that is that makes some chinese medicine work. i'm not discounting the possibility. i just want to see the EVIDENCE

just look at all the rhino and elephants slaughtered for their tusks. for quack chinese "medicine"

believe me there are tons of researchers trying to find the next money-making drug/treatment/procedure

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    ok then. the next time you require urgent medical care please specify chinese traditional medicine only. then you'll see

fair enough
    i said, "they have their uses".

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Thanks doctor for making me feel a little better. Our family member can have surgery but this is what we are trying to avoid, her doctors also said tignan muna kung pwede hindi i surgery.

It blows my mind because this MD is a surgeon. Our primary MD is her wife (dermatologist) so the PF is free. The leg ulcer (non healing wound) is taking too slow to close up so she referred us to her husband who does acupuncture. The upkeep for this leg ulcer is extremely expensive so she is also concerned about our expenses. I was surprised that the surgeon husband who did the acupuncture did not make up pay for PF also. He is very enthusiastic about the results of his acupuncture patients and even showed me pictures. I am still skeptical.

My Mom and I had a fight because she wants me to continue with the acupuncture for our family member. Pero ako, I not enthusiastic about it.

Pinaghahanap nga kami ng lintang ilog because that is supposed to improve the circulation in the legs daw. But I did watch a docu na they use linta for burn victims.
    well, there is this fairly recent method... but i'll guarantee you, mahihimatay kayo.
    fly larvae.
    they eat only dead tissue, leaving viable tissues alone. completely painless.
    it really works! there are even companies, growing these medical-grade larvae.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    well, there is this fairly recent method... but i'll guarantee you, mahihimatay kayo.
    fly larvae.
    they eat only dead tissue, leaving viable tissues alone. completely painless.
    it really works! there are even companies, growing these medical-grade larvae.
    Is this done in Manila?

The doctor said in the US they really use leeches, "medical leech" daw Naisip ko tuloy, sana nasa US kami, so much more options.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Is this done in Manila?

The doctor said in the US they really use leeches, "medical leech" daw Naisip ko tuloy, sana nasa US kami, so much more options.
    none that i know of.
    the leeches are to improve blood circulation.
    the larvae are to get rid of the dead tissues that are hindering repair.

but if i were to make a guess at who would most likely have it, it would be San Lukas.
    Last edited by dr. d; August 5th, 2017 at 11:53 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    none that i know of.
    the leeches are to improve blood circulation.
    the larvae are to get rid of the dead tissues that are hindering repair.
    I think we need both. hehehe. I wonder where I can find this medical leech. Hay.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
acupuncture ...