New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by H1Tman View Post
    Lebron already took a massive paycut last time. What makes you think he will take another one? He's already 30. Maybe on his last big contract. Besides who else deserves a max contract than Lebron now?

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    It's because he wants to win and he knows he can't do it by himself (without other all-stars on the roster). And, as badly as Pat Riley would want to retain the Big 3, the owners will likely want to avoid having to pay the NBA's luxury tax if they go over the team salary cap. The implication is, they cannot give max contracts to LBJ, DWade and Bosh if they want to retool and have a competitive team to start the next season.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    $20M a year is already okay imho kung kapalit naman ay lagi ka magiging contender sa finals. Tim Duncan is earning just $10M and he is in no way so far off in importance to the SAS as LBJ is to the heat.

Sa NBA ngayon, need mo talaga kunti sakripisyo para contender ka palagi or else you are just one greedy all star player whos in it for money imho lang naman.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think Lebron has his sights on MJ's rings more than the outright money. Ry Tower is right, you need some sacrifice -- in this case monetary, as well -- to make it as a contender year in and year out. I don't think Lebron will go down to Tim Duncan's earnings, but I think he'll take a pay cut if Wade and Bosh do the same, and if Riley can do a good retool.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I think my rules ang salary sa players. Parang nababasa na if LeBron chooses another team he will get less max salary. I'm not sure though... Nabasa ko lang na sinabi ng analyst.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by [archie] View Post
    I think my rules ang salary sa players. Parang nababasa na if LeBron chooses another team he will get less max salary. I'm not sure though... Nabasa ko lang na sinabi ng analyst.
    Correct! Monetary wise, Miami can offer more than other teams.

Sent from my iPad using Tsikot Car Forums

#retzing

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Correct! Monetary wise, Miami can offer more than other teams.

Sent from my iPad using Tsikot Car Forums

#retzing
    Ganung din ang Lakers kay Dwight Howard last year diba? But he went to the Rockets coz he really didn't want to play in LA anymore. Lebron knows how to win, and wants to win. I don't think he wants out of Miami -- unless Pat Riley doesn't pay attention to what he's asking for. But apparently Riley's listening, as they got Napier.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    just read this:

LA Lakers acquire Fil-Am point guard on NBA draft | Inquirer Sports

The 21-year-old Clarkson, whose mother Annette is Filipino, was selected by the Washington Wizards as the 46th overall pick in this year’s draft.
    But the six-foot-five point guard but was shipped to Los Angeles Lakers on draft night for cash considerations.
    National team coach Chot Reyes said that he has been in touch with Clarkson two years ago, responding to tweets that the future Laker could be eligible for Gilas Pilipinas.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlyt View Post
    SG na pure scorer. Marami siyang matutunan kay KB24. Puwede sa Gilas ito kapag hindi nag-flourish NBA career.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    I hope Melo lands to Chicago. Great defensive team. But landing in Dallas is also a good alternative.

Nakakainis yung mga player na sobrang laki ng salary pero halos wala naman naging malaking contribution to their team but to exceed the salary cap. Sample is the NYK with Stoudemire and Bargniani. Big disappointments.

Is it just me, I don't see Dwight contending for a title with the rockets. Harden is not a real superstar IMO. Sure he was a scoring threat, but come playoffs time, his contributions eventually fade. (Remember the OKC vs MIA finals last couple of years, and their 1st round exit last season? Harden wasn't consistent in the contest.)
    Last edited by leodawesome; June 27th, 2014 at 10:17 PM.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Kung ako kay lebron hingi ako max contract, sina wade at bosh, dapat maging pang ordinaryong player nalang sahod, once in a while lang sila nagiging star kuno. Tapos si Arison, bayad ka luxury tax boy...iba parin kita pag may star power tulad ni lebrown.

Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast