New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    This is getting annoying for me whenever I get out of the car, open a glass aluminum door, make hand shakes, though I read tips from Google, would you wanna share your personal tips?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Don't wear wool, minimize fidgeting in your seat and slightly increase the temperature of your thermostat/aircon to increase humidity in the cabin/room.

Sent from my P01MA using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Don't wear ill-fitting shoes, yung tipong tumatama yung toes mo pag naglalakad ka kasi the socks and the insole will create friction.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Holding on to the painted/metal part of the door as you get out of your vehicle will discharge any static build-up and you won't feel it.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    My brother has this "capability" to create static electricity. Sometimes if my arms will make contact, it will "shock" me and I could almost hear the spark.

He even told me that while he was paying at the toll booth in the parking lot, the lady dropped his change because of it.

I know that you can discharge static electricity by touching bare metals but I want to know how my brother can avoid "creating" static electricity. Sometimes, it is annoying.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    My brother has this "capability" to create static electricity. Sometimes if my arms will make contact, it will "shock" me and I could almost hear the spark.

He even told me that while he was paying at the toll booth in the parking lot, the lady dropped his change because of it.

I know that you can discharge static electricity by touching bare metals but I want to know how my brother can avoid "creating" static electricity. Sometimes, it is annoying.
    How to Avoid Static Electricity - YouTube

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    How to Avoid Static Electricity - YouTube

Thanks! I'll forward this.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    Thanks! I'll forward this.
    Oh, & earth your appliances. Use 3prong outlets w/ grounding.

Your personal tips to prevent static electricity shocks