New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: What kind of printer do you have at home? (multiple choice ok)

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Laser

6 21.43%
  • Inkjet

25 89.29%
  • Dot matrix

5 17.86%
  • Dye-sublimation

0 0%
  • Others

0 0%
  • I don't have a printer at home

1 3.57%
  • Pen & Paper

2 7.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    We have an epson inject printer na namana ko sa kapatid ko. Di nya na kasi ginagamit. In good working condition. Centronics parallel. Kaso iyong laptop sa house ay walang parallel port. Ganoon din ang office issued laptaops namin ni Mrs.

Bumili tuloy kami ng Borther 3 in 1. Color printer, scanner, photocopier. Di namin kailangan ng fax kaya di 4 in 1 ang minili namin. Mayroon slots for various types of memory cards and pict bridge. BTW, USB ang interface nito. 1 black and 3 color cartridges. 1,200 ang orig na black. 900 naman ang bawast isang colored cartridge.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Inkjet sa amin. Epson Stylus CX4100.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    My concern with laser printer refilling is not the toner... its the drum. The drum has a limited useful life and would require to be replaced after a number of refills (around 3 to 6 refills for my HPLJ). Does your refiller have replacement drums?
    yun ang wala. sa manual, eto samsung imaging unit needs to be replaced after 20k pages. pero siguro pag papalitan eto, sa samsung na din ako bibili

kasi major part na ng printer yun.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Years ago when I first encountered dye sub printers, my concern was where can you buy more of the "ink" which comes in a small "brick", aside from the dealer.
    naka-ribbon kasi most dye-subs. yan ang problem sa dye-subs, you cant buy paper and ribbon separetely. usually, 1 to 1 sila.

i have studied yun eltron and fargo card printers sa net, as well as yun dye-subs ng kodak, fuji, noritsu na gamit sa malls, puros ganito ang setup

even yun mga mini photo printer docs like kodak, and canon selphy ba yun, parang 1 to 1 din ang paper and ribbon

===

in america and in europe, nga lang daw, dye-subs are fast-replacing the mini-labs as print to go photo. my nurse friend in Ireland says puro dye-sub touch screen karamihan ang pag-print ng photos dun.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    under-used canon inkjet at home

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    naka-ribbon kasi most dye-subs. yan ang problem sa dye-subs, you cant buy paper and ribbon separetely. usually, 1 to 1 sila.

i have studied yun eltron and fargo card printers sa net, as well as yun dye-subs ng kodak, fuji, noritsu na gamit sa malls, puros ganito ang setup

even yun mga mini photo printer docs like kodak, and canon selphy ba yun, parang 1 to 1 din ang paper and ribbon

===

in america and in europe, nga lang daw, dye-subs are fast-replacing the mini-labs as print to go photo. my nurse friend in Ireland says puro dye-sub touch screen karamihan ang pag-print ng photos dun.

I guess your dye sub printers are different from the one I used years ago. It was the size of an entry level HP laser printer. The "ink" are solid blocks which are placed inside. Paper is fed through a tray in front of the unit. Paper and ink are bought separately.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    yun ang wala. sa manual, eto samsung imaging unit needs to be replaced after 20k pages. pero siguro pag papalitan eto, sa samsung na din ako bibili

kasi major part na ng printer yun.

So let me get it clearly. The drum is part of the printer and not part of the laser toner cartridge? The removable cartridge just contains the toner powder?

If so, it might be a good "buy" for a home color printer if someone has no printer yet.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Guys, I print lots of hard copy, I have a HP Inkjet printer. But the HP ink cartridge are expensive. Lately HP inkjets cartridge have many defects. I lost 2 of them after 1 week of usage. Grrrr!

What printers do you recommend? Inkjet & Laser? No ribbons printers for me. I'm considering the new Samsung laser printer. I forgot the model number.

I need something that is DIRT CHEAP to print per page, And I dont print in color.

Thanks Everybody.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Guys, I print lots of hard copy, I have a HP Inkjet printer. But the HP ink cartridge are expensive. Lately HP inkjets cartridge have many defects. I lost 2 of them after 1 week of usage. Grrrr!

What printers do you recommend? Inkjet & Laser? No ribbons printers for me. I'm considering the new Samsung laser printer. I forgot the model number.

I need something that is DIRT CHEAP to print per page, And I dont print in color.

Thanks Everybody.

entry level HP Laserjet printers cost around P10k... current model is the 1020 I think. You can have the used toner cartridge refilled for around P800 and it will be good for around 2500 pages.

ink jet or bubble jet for me... mura na pero ok naman ang print quality.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Your home printer: Laser, Inkjet, Dotmatrix?