New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yahoo on Tuesday said it plans to once again boost its free e-mail storage limit--this time to 1GB, the same amount offered by archrival Google.

Beginning in late April, Yahoo will upgrade free users to the new storage limit of 1GB, up from its current 250MB. The company said it will take about two weeks for all Yahoo Mail users to see the boost.

Yahoo's storage upgrade comes one week after Google started offering Gmail accounts to random visitors of its home page. This has led to heightened speculation in news articles and blogs that Google plans to open Gmail's doors to the public on April 1, a year after it launched in its current test form.

Brad Garlinghouse, Yahoo's vice president of communications products, said in an interview that Yahoo Mail's storage upgrade was not in response to Google's latest moves. Instead, he said Yahoo is "paying attention to what users are doing and how they're using their in-boxes."

Since Gmail premiered last year, free e-mail has changed. Popular Web mail services such as Yahoo and Microsoft's Hotmail had offered strict storage limitations to their in-boxes, and required people to pay extra for additional space.

Shortly after Gmail was released, Yahoo announced plans to boost its storage to 100MB from 4MB, and then upgraded it again to 250MB in November. Subsequently, Microsoft said it would implement its own storage boost to 250MB.

Besides the 1GB of storage, Yahoo Mail will offer antivirus scanning. The service currently uses Symantec's Norton Antivirus to detect viruses, but prohibits people from opening the attachment instead of ridding the file of its infection.

http://msn.com.com/Yahoo+bolsters+e-...ubj=ns_5630773

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    that's good news

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wow! two thumbs up for them!

it's really funny... my free email has more storage than my work email.

Buti na lang may google. Hats off to them.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    That's like telecom wars of today. I hope Caltex, Petron and Shell will do the same. I guess the problem is not with them but to the greedy oil suppliers abroad.

Quote Originally Posted by mikaztro
    That's like telecom wars of today. I hope Caltex, Petron and Shell will do the same. I guess the problem is not with them but to the greedy oil suppliers abroad.
    Baligtad... pataasan sila ng presyo. Sorry OT.

7. FrankDrebin Guest
    Paano yung may mga Yahoo! China 1G mails? Upgraded to 2G na ba?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    ayus! sulit ang subscritions ko sa privatepinays and shempre sa deus files! hehehe...

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    Oo nga.

It is in the "WHAT'S NEW" category before signing in for your yahoo mail. Its going to start on MAY 2005. That's just a month away! Buti na lang hindi ako nakasign-up ng premium email w/annual contract from YAHOO kasi sa VERIZON DSL ko, 30 MB lang. NGEHH! Tinipid yata ako ng DSL provider ko. Pero allowed ako 8 email accounts with 30 MB/each. Still so much less than what YAHOO offers. He he he!

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    But GMail is already 2GB and still counting up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Yahoo bolsters e-mail storage to 1GB