New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    By september, everyone would've bought an Apple iPhone II already.

Wrong timing.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Btw, the Xperia X1 is also made by Hi-Tech Computer (HTC) of Taiwan. Maker of XDAs, Dopods, and iPaqs.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    By september, everyone would've bought an Apple iPhone II already.

Wrong timing.
    i own a Mac but the iphone still fails to impress me.
    the iphone is overrated, dinala lang ng usual hype from Apple and Jobs.

i'd still choose this new SE phone over the iphone.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    i own a Mac but the iphone still fails to impress me.
    the iphone is overrated, dinala lang ng usual hype from Apple and Jobs.

i'd still choose this new SE phone over the iphone.
    Yup, I almost 'liked' to buy the iPhone when I got hold of one owned by a friend. I was really impressed with the screen, very bright and readable even in direct sunlight. Plus with a price of around 20K, which is way cheaper than my HTC Touch, it's really irresistable. But after further research and realizing what I'd miss from Windows Mobile when I switch to OSX, I guess I'll stick with my HTC Touch and Windows Mobile.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    langya tong si boybi, parang gusto ko na rin antayin to... :mad:

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Finally, Sony Ericsson has announced the launch/release date for the XPERIA X1 on September 30, 2008. Watch out for it.

Please check my blogpost.

[SIZE="1"]3698[/SIZE]

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Just lost hope on Sony Ericsson.. I will never buy any SE phones again. I got mine last 2 November.. now it's as good as a S$1,300 paperweight... at least for a while. Pag may time ako try ko update service and re-flash it.. Sony Ericsson kept on releasing buggy phones! Ang matinong phone lang ata nila na nagamit ko yung SE P800, SEP900 and SE P910i.. SE P990 got crackling sound while on the call, very iritating. SE P1i wifi connection timeout.. W960i got lags.. then i called it quits.. Ngayon naman X1, gave chance and tried one more time as SE deemed they have 384MB of RAM in there.. which only appears in actual as 200.7MB.. sabi nila dedicated RAM for video yung iba.. ngak.. bat ambagal? tapos bluetooth connection times out in every 30 or so minutes. Keyboard also lags a lot. And they even tried to "cheat" on panels, just to make it "looks-seemingly-fast", pag-click sa panel maglo-load agad.. WOW!! but oops! the panel is goddamn fake! city: new york, date: 1 january 2008.. hahahaha.. picture lang.. wait ka 10 to 15seconds to load up the actual, real panel.

Speakerphone works if you put the loudspeakers right on to your ears! Yes, speakers are damn lousy and soft! Ang hina and sounds funny! Some say, so they can get market for that bluetooth ball speaker and bluetooth headsets. Listening to music on speakerphone is a frustration. Ang hina na nga.. basag pa. And audio quality-wise, heaven and marianas trench compared to my Serenata. I'd rather prefer the audio quality of the P-series.

Samsung got 8MP cam on Innov8, SE had a 5MP cam on their lower models, why put a 3.2MP on their flagship phone? They had a 8GB memory on lower models? Why put a 400MB (actually 270MB available lang) for a flagship phone? W960i had a flushed screen which is very neat. Why use another recessed screen for a flagship phone? Dust and dirt usually accumulate on the edges and it's quite a bitch to clean. Build quality, the top half (the half with the screen) is a bit shaky.. not as stiff as the Touch Pro. And yeah, the keyboard sometimes get stucked on Fn mode and need to restart the phone over and over again.. Average ata 6 to 8 times per day ako nagrerestart ng phone because of the keyboard and the Bluetooth connectivity.

Recently installed MS Voice Command, same program which I installed on my recently owned HTC Touch Pro WM6.1 and worked perfectly. After the installation, BAM! shell32 error.. hahaha.. can't access control panel to remove it. And my PC connection, which can be accessed inside the control panel, is set to mass storage. Though I still tried to find a workaround how to make it work fine and sell it. Hayun, mahabang istorya, now it has a white, red, green and blue stripe across the screen.

Aside from that, there are a lot of rubbish in the file system. Halatadong pinagawa lang nila sa HTC (which is true) ang X1 kasi meron TouchFlo3d directory which only got 3 rubbish files that can't be deleted and TVout which is disabled in the registry.. I still can't get it, why would somebody ask a competitor to make a phone for him and sell it with his own branding?! Xperia obviously competes with the manufacturer's very own Touch Pro isn't it? :D

This Xperia X1, I can say, is the Windows ME of all PDA's.. Let's keep it that way. Now Im back on my Serenata.. maybe I'll be keeping this B&O phone for good.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    ...and yeah, for those who still want's to try their luck, check the edge where you put the stylus and the left side "wall" of the battery compartment. I exchanged mine several times because the first units they gave got cracks right out of the box!

To the TS, sir there's no built-in Voice Control for the Xperia. Install one at your own risk. Also, the modem capability... nobody has successfully connected to internet using the Xperia as a modem... just yet. Hands down na rin ako kung paano gumawa ng dialer or use the shared internet feature.. it's just there, but doesn't work.

And their deemed 30fps video quality.. nakupooo.. 24fps nga lang hirap na hirap na e.. ends up to be a choppy playback.. and nahuhuli yung audio. Tried converting a movie to 800x480x30fps.. ridiculous! The James Bond video clip that came with the phone is not even 800x480x30fps. You have to scale down the resolution with the right screen size and reduce the frame rate to maybe 24fps..

I still can remember when my boss asked me "Why would you buy a phone that opens up like a banana? Where's the phone that Dr. Salil gave you?".. Natatawa pa rin ako pag naaalala ko.. hehehe

Another "half-cooked" phone... from Sony Ericsson!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If the X1 had came out earlier, I definitely would have bought one. I'm glad it came out very very late. I'm now a happy owner of Samsung Omnia 16GB.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    if x1 is released earlier, it will definitely share quite a big piece of a pie with htc's touch pro.. considering that x1 is also manufactured by htc in behalf of SE.. an obvious self-inflicted wound.

by the way, i flashed my x1 with the latest rom kanina.. stucked at 11%. tried 3 times and 2 different pc's in the office.. all stucked at 11%! now i got a bricked x1 with a broken rom inside. can still turn on.. but literally useless.

good job sony ericsson!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Xperia X1: SE's first Windows Mobile PDA Phone