New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I have a brand new xbox 360 and I need some info on how to use it. First, where can I have it modified para makalaro ako ng pirated games, mahal kasi ung original e. Meron ba itong hard drive and how will I know how many GB. Pde ba magdownload ng games and save sa HD then doon iplay? Is the 3RL still true to the units juts manufactured or was it fixed already. Hope to get any feedback. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    My Xbox 360 is dead for 4 months already. Non-repairable daw. 3RL is 1 out of 3 Xbox 360 problem WORLDWIDE. So it's a hit or missed for your unit.
    If you plan to play Xbox Live, Dont modify it. You'll be banned.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    From what I've read last year, units produced since June 2006 have had a new motherboard. And since last year, the warranty on 3RL has been extended to 3 years.

Mine has been produced and purchased before 06/06 and I've never had the 3RL. The 360 would've still been working perfectly up to now, in spite of the abuse we give to it, had it not been for my son's mistake of jamming the drive. It now has difficulty reading discs, going through a few disc insert/eject cycles before starting a game. A replacement drive is expensive and troublesome to flash ... I think I'll give the DIY laser calibration a shot first if the problem gets worse.

---

Harddisk here [SIZE=4]↓[/SIZE]

The TOP side of the console is where the harddisk is mounted. To find your HDD's size, go to the 360 dashboard (by holding down the power button), go to the System menu, scroll down and select Memory, press Y for the harddrive options, and you'll get the device summary.

BTW, you can legally download demo games from Xbox Live and store it on the harddrive.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    If you plan to play Xbox Live, Dont modify it. You'll be banned.
    my local video game store manager told me this too. i guess there's some way for MS to detect this once you go live. don't know if there's a way around it, pero ingat na lang. i suppose you could have a hacked offline box, and another legit box to go on XBL with, pero medyo magastos yata yun

want to get on XBL? all you need is a 360, a credit card (USD 50 per year sa amin) and a broadband connection

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Take my word. I got banned in XBox Live cause my console was modified.... My XBox is dead too. Damn you Microsoft!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Parang puro negative feedback ah. Parang bibili na lang ako ulit ng bagong PS2 kasi nasira na nga ung luyma ko kaya nagpabili ako ng XBOX 360 sa US sa kapatid ko. Does these mean na buti pa hwag na ipamodify ung Xbox? Hindi kaya sa modification kaya nag 3RL ang mga unit?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    3RL is not because you modified it, something is really wrong with the design of the Xbox 360. If you get banned it dosen't mean you can't play the console anymore di ka na lang makaka Xbox Live so no more downloads and online gaming puro single player games lang...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    3RL is not because you modified it, something is really wrong with the design of the Xbox 360. If you get banned it dosen't mean you can't play the console anymore di ka na lang makaka Xbox Live so no more downloads and online gaming puro single player games lang...
    So what would you suggest? Should I have my unit modified or not? Thanks.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Modified or not, The chances of getting 3RL is 33%. And some stores are now refusing repairs.

If its modified you can't play online games. But you can still play your "ahem" games.

Xbox 360 has great games, but faulty hardware. Microsoft is losing billions with this faulty design. (Extended warranty, repairs, customers service, etc...)

Get a PS3, Its more versatile than Xbox, has more bangs for your money. Unfortunately PS3 cannot be modified.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Xbox 360 has better games overall than PS3 by the way.... Yun ang problem naman ng PS3 right now....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
XBOX 360 live