New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I am now considering another Asus laptop, although beyond sa budget ko, yet willing to stretch it to 36k. It is Asus Fx550vx. It is a i5 7300hq processor(4 cores daw) and the gpu is 2gig gtx 950m, 4gig ram. Now my query is this: I know powerful na siguro ito for gaming for my kids. Pero para di sya bugbog sarado sa mga anak ko, I intend to use my 55" Samsung 4k tv as its monitor and for their keyboard and mouse, my existing wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse. Ok kaya yung set-up ko?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    I am now considering another Asus laptop, although beyond sa budget ko, yet willing to stretch it to 36k. It is Asus Fx550vx. It is a i5 7300hq processor(4 cores daw) and the gpu is 2gig gtx 950m, 4gig ram. Now my query is this: I know powerful na siguro ito for gaming for my kids. Pero para di sya bugbog sarado sa mga anak ko, I intend to use my 55" Samsung 4k tv as its monitor and for their keyboard and mouse, my existing wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse. Ok kaya yung set-up ko?
    a laptop that is portable, yet to be connected to an giant external monitor for gaming... what is your real intention here for getting a laptop?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If you scale down the TV resolution to 1080p? Maybe. Still no guarantees the framerates will be decent enough without turning down some details.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    a large screen may also enlarge the pixels. can you live with it?
    but i agree with you. a larger screen usually also enlarges the excitement.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by katty4u View Post
    a laptop that is portable, yet to be connected to an giant external monitor for gaming... what is your real intention here for getting a laptop?
    Generally it shall be used for office work and homework for my kids. Occasional lang ang gaming. But I want to protect my laptop from "abusive" hand of my kids on the keyboard......hahaha

Regarding screen resolution, diba merong upscaler yung Samsung 4k TV? And I will configure it to be on PC or Game mode sa TV to help with pixel issues.... pwede kaya?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it will work ...

but why let your kids play with ur laptop?

why not give them their own gaming pc?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyo View Post
    it will work ...

but why let your kids play with ur laptop?

why not give them their own gaming pc?

Budget concerns sir.... I am going there sometime in the near future, maybe December. I will do the upgrade na din sa desktop ko since its an Amd A8 Fm1 pa. But for now, ito munang laptop ko. Sa akin lang ang mga kids ko, 18 and 14, would want to have occasional gaming. So Tv ang monitor ko and the input devises ko are my Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse. I hope OK na din ang plan ko... For now..