New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I saw an Asus WL-520GC 125M WiFi G router sa Mall dito sa Cebu. Since it has a long range (125M), I am tempted to buy it. By the way, somebody advised me here that the wifi n is not necessary since my laptop is only with a wifi g.

Is Asus WL-520GC 125M WiFi G router a good router?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Extended range is mainly taken without any interference like walls. Walls with heavy materials (hollow blocks or concrete) will greatly affect the distance.

Wifi-N-routers can still give a wifi-G connection advantage in additional range over a standard wifi-G-router especially that wifi-N-routers have multiple antennas as compared to a single antenna for more common wifi-G-routers.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I agree, if the cost is not that prohibitive, go for an 802.11n-router. The extended range of 802.11n routers is a good benefit even for 802.11g evices.

And, who knows, you might acquire a gadget/notebook that has 802.11n in the near future?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I cant comment on that particular model. But im using Asus WL-520GU, which is good, meron syang printer server...which we use intensively sa office. No problem for almost a year now. Kung mabilis yung internet speed ng provider mo, then go with wifi N, if not, wifi G will do.

Wireless Router Brand?