New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    mga bro! i'm planning to convert my fix landline to a wireless landline. any feedback w/ bayantel, pldt, mango? heard sun is coming up with theirs too. globe meron ba? which is the best right now in terms of coverage, features and price? anyone here tried it? is it worth it? what are the disadvantages kaya?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rv View Post
    mga bro! i'm planning to convert my fix landline to a wireless landline. any feedback w/ bayantel, pldt, mango? heard sun is coming up with theirs too. globe meron ba? which is the best right now in terms of coverage, features and price? anyone here tried it? is it worth it? what are the disadvantages kaya?

Dre, ako gamit ko Mango ng Digitel, during fine weather, ok sya. Unlimited local calls. Fix monthly P640 + NDD at IDD kung tumawag ka. I have it for almost two years now. But dahil nga wireless, kung masama ang panahon kahit na may signal yung indication di ka makontak at kahit na battery operated sya kung walang kuryente di na magamit kasi yung battery power nya will only last for few hours. Di ko na pinaputol kasi I use it for my local calls here in Laguna.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    bayantel span, medyo minsan hirap tumawag kahit na landline tawagan mo sabi out of coverage daw, pero pag nakakalusot naman kaso lang mga 10x ka try ... signal meyc bulacan meron, malolos,pulilan pampanga meron pluctuating not bad na din , no feed back yet sa pldt pero nakita ko pldt ganda ng unit nila ewan ko lang in terms of signal & voice quality

4. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    thanks for your input guys. will take note

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    i think the weather will have an effect on the signal/service no matter what carrier you choose. among all of them, bayantel seems to offer the most value for money because it offers unlimited calls.

pldt is not unlimited parang 10 hours lang a month and you are "limited" to the city where you live. in other words if you live in qc, you cant take the phone with you in alabang. that's how i understand their service. kasi magko conflict daw sa smart, baka raw mawalan sila client. this feedback came from some users.

it seems that pldt, came out with wireless landline para lang masabi na meron sila. you will not even find info on it on their website, because the terms of service is not competitive, i guess.

PLDT Wireless Landline Plus
    Phone Unit Cost: Php2,400
    Activation Fee: Php600
    Monthly Service Fee: Php600
    Limitations: 600 call minutes (10 hours) per month, with 120 free SMS
    Availability: questionable
    Internet: Not capable

Bayantel Span
    Phone Unit Cost: starts at Php1,995
    Activation Fee: none (only 1 month advance required)
    Monthly Service Fee: Php699
    Bonus: unlimited phone calls to any landline
    Availability: NCR, selected regions
    Internet: Capable

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus700 View Post
    i think the weather will have an effect on the signal/service no matter what carrier you choose. among all of them, bayantel seems to offer the most value for money because it offers unlimited calls.

pldt is not unlimited parang 10 hours lang a month and you are "limited" to the city where you live. in other words if you live in qc, you cant take the phone with you in alabang. that's how i understand their service. kasi magko conflict daw sa smart, baka raw mawalan sila client. this feedback came from some users.

it seems that pldt, came out with wireless landline para lang masabi na meron sila. you will not even find info on it on their website, because the terms of service is not competitive, i guess.

PLDT Wireless Landline Plus
    Phone Unit Cost: Php2,400
    Activation Fee: Php600
    Monthly Service Fee: Php600
    Limitations: 600 call minutes (10 hours) per month, with 120 free SMS
    Availability: questionable
    Internet: Not capable

Bayantel Span
    Phone Unit Cost: starts at Php1,995
    Activation Fee: none (only 1 month advance required)
    Monthly Service Fee: Php699
    Bonus: unlimited phone calls to any landline
    Availability: NCR, selected regions
    Internet: Capable
    now this is great feedback! thanks bro!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    meron kami bayan span, pinadadala namin palagi sa driver para pagnagdeliver sya madaling tawagan. so far witht the 2 months use ok naman. battery life usually last for around 3 days. sana lang may car charger mabili.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    from what i know mango is ok but signal is mainly in the quezon city area. they were the first to offer wireless landline service. but like all wireless services, it's based on line-of-sight signal so if you go to an area where the signal is blocked by a building, you may not have any signal na. bad weather can also interfere the signal.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    i checked out bayantel site last night. looks ok naman but i would need a demo since i live in the qc area. hope signal is strong from my house

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    im using a bayantel span sa house. ok naman sya. better than my previous PLDT fixed wired landline, mas mura pa.

have not tried taking it out of the house dahil may mga mobile phones naman kami eh. our intention is just to have it replace our PLDT Wired Landline.

signal is ok. las pinas area. and it can send out text messages to my smart mobile phone, pero sa globe hindi sya maka text.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
wireless landlines. which is the best?