New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    hi fellas! i purchased a new laptop the other day, as my old one crapped out on me. it came with norton 360 (60 day free trial)....and vista i've been previously using mcafee on the old computer, but since my "free" version of the software is not compatible with vista, i though i'd try the norton 360. here's the problem. the new computer could no longer connect to my router (linksys). i suspected the norton firewall had something to do with it, so i disabled it temporarily. after disabling the norton firewall the computer still could not connect to the router. i've since uninstalled it and the computer has been able to connect to the linksys router.

has anyone experienced this same issue? what did you do to resolve it? i'm going to best buy later to pick up an anti-virus software and possibly get the one made by Trend Micro. what anti-virus/firewall software are you using?

t.i.a!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yes, the issue is connected with the software. aside from the fact that Norton softwares load up on resources, may mga ganyang isolated cases na nangyayari.

i am using Avast Home Edition (free). Download it from the Net na lang. Or use AVG na free-edition. Works the same. I am also not a fan of Trend Micro a-v, for i've used it on a corporate level before. Medyo naiiwan sa identity updates.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by n2knee View Post
    hi fellas! i purchased a new laptop the other day, as my old one crapped out on me. it came with norton 360 (60 day free trial)....and vista i've been previously using mcafee on the old computer, but since my "free" version of the software is not compatible with vista, i though i'd try the norton 360. here's the problem. the new computer could no longer connect to my router (linksys). i suspected the norton firewall had something to do with it, so i disabled it temporarily. after disabling the norton firewall the computer still could not connect to the router. i've since uninstalled it and the computer has been able to connect to the linksys router.

has anyone experienced this same issue? what did you do to resolve it? i'm going to best buy later to pick up an anti-virus software and possibly get the one made by Trend Micro. what anti-virus/firewall software are you using?

t.i.a!

Try here.
    [SIZE=3]Norton Users Discussion Forum – BETA - Norton Community[/SIZE]
    Latest Post - Re: Cannot connect to internet or router after installing NIS 2008 ... Norton 2008 problems. 360. Announcements. Welcome to the Norton Community! ...
    community.norton.com/norton/?category.id=nis&kudos_user_leaderboard...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by n2knee View Post

t.i.a!
    I'm using the enterprise version which is called Symantec Client Security. There's a separate Vista version and an XP version. I have both and both work just fine. I am using both a wired Linksys router and a wireless Belkin router. No problems.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    thanks guys for you responses. i've downloaded avast last night. i am also going to evaluate other products including symantec client security.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I got my Symantec Client Security Business Pack licenses from our Sys Admin guy. I also got from him Symantec for the Mac and a couple of licenses for Office 2003 Pro.

wireless internet conflict while Norton 360 is activated