New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I did not request for this... job order daw ng pldt to migrate my account from smart/pldt wireless DSL to wired DSL and ako daw 1st na naka NGN (new generation network) customer in our area.

wireless DSL equipments will be pulled-out by wireless installers....

so far so good naman.

ano ba benefits ng NGN?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    I believe NGN is faster and there's no line-of-sight issues... Basta may phone line ka and the decoder that they provide, ok na! No more antenna receiver required.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    mas reliable

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I've always been wary of wireless DSL. Kung malapitan lang, ok. Pero kung wide range at kailangan pa ng line-of-sight, I'd rather have the security of a hard line connection.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mas mabilis mag tsikot... ahh d youtube videos nga pala need to check them

oh la la... mabilis nga, walang lag.... smooth!
    Last edited by RedHorse; July 28th, 2006 at 06:19 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    akala ko sadyang mabilis ang wired kaysa wireless in most situation, especially on residential.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    from what i understand as per my uncle who happen to come across NGN, this new technology could have the following: phoneline, broadband connection, cableTV

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    too technical for me, parang bottom line eh seamless integration ng voice, data, and inet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Next_Generation_Networking

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_rex
    from what i understand as per my uncle who happen to come across NGN, this new technology could have the following: phoneline, broadband connection, cableTV
    That would make it similar to my Cox Cable broadband. The cable modem and cable tv use the same cable. Cox Cable is also our telephone company. But, I still have to hook up the phones via phone jacks on the wall.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    isn't wireless DSL just a wired DSL modem connected to a wireless router? pardon my ignorance, but i just have "DSL", which i can either connect via ethernet wire, or access wirelessly on my laptop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
from wireless DSL to wire DSL