New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    Just dont get Asus adapter. MY notebook is an Asus (with wifi) and my officemate has an Asus adapter, connectivity to our wifi drops every now and then. Others using different brands of notebooks are ok. I think it has something to do with the driver of the wifi adapter.Btw, our router is a Linksys.
    Turn-off Wireless Zero Configuration.

START->RUN "services.msc" then "stop" Wireless Zero...

That should fix it.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll been using "leadtek" for almost 2years now..in my old laptop. it never fails me in any hotspot I visited

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post

That should fix it.

Thanks sir, just tried it now and hope it works in my office tomorrow.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    You can buy any Taiwan brand wireless pcmcia 54g adapter. Much cheaper than the branded versions. Mas makakatipid ka pa.

The branded & taiwan adapters basically use the same chipsets..
    for example... a linksys usb wireless adapter has the same chipset used by an edimax PCI wireless adapter - RaLink.

Try buying edimax. Mas sulit 1 thousand lang compared sa branded above na 2k-2,500 ang prices.

Rule of thumb is buy a cheap adapter but buy the branded router. That's the practical, cost-saving solution.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post

That should fix it.

Geeez, still it didnt work when I tried it in the office. Keeps on dropping off. Here in the house Im also using a Linksys router and it never dropped.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Geeez, still it didnt work when I tried it in the office. Keeps on dropping off. Here in the house Im also using a Linksys router and it never dropped.
    Do you have any other wireless devices in the vicinity? Also, older cordless phones can interfere with the wireless device.

Here at home, the wireless autosensor that allows our washing machine and drier to "talk" to each other interferes with the pc wireless reception. It's not quite strong enough to make the pc wireless signal drop off. But, it is slowed down quite a bit.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; August 16th, 2006 at 01:06 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Given those variables, the problem is with the router (and/or its signal) in your office.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Pekto is correct. change the channel of your router. Recommended are 1, 6 & 11...

FYI. Alam nyo ba na ang meralco ginagamit ang 2.4Ghz range??? And ang Smart Bro uses the 5Ghz range??? Just got this information from a reliable source....

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    5GHz? ahhh, kaya pala yung isang laptop ko nakakarecieve ng Smart Brokeback signal. ehehehehehe.

hiram nga ako ng acct :D

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Horsepower - to be more detailed, Smart Bro uses 802.11a technology which means maganda yang wireless card mo sa laptop baka a/b/g kaya or a/g.

Pero d ka makakakuha kasi may register IP addresses at MACs ang mga antenna e... Pero baka magawa mo share mo naman ang discoveries mo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
wireless adapters