New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    OK naman performance nya sa PC ko (athlon XP 3000+, 1GB RAM) pero napansin ko lang na malakas kumain ng disk space pero maliban dun eh wala pa naman akong napapansin na hindi maganda.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by IIE View Post
    ? sir, d po ako nagco-complain, im looking for a solution for my other softwares to run in vista os....
    hanapin mo yung compatibility feature ng Vista para masubakan mo kung gagana yung ibang apps mo. Naitanong ko kasi sa Microsoft Software Evangelist yung issue regarding sa compatibility ng older programs and he replied na gamitin daw yung compatibility feature na kasama sa Vista. Unfortunately eh nakalimutan ko na kung saan banda nakalagay yung feature na yun pero try mo na lang sa help or DL ka ng mga Vista ebooks.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    a ganun po ba? thank you po boss tabong....

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    did someone say Vista? hah!!! don't even get me started.... :furious:

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    There are several ways to run your old software....

1) Virtualization - You have to run Virtual PC 2007 on top of Windows Vista so that you can install Windows XP and thus your software

2) Use compatibility mode to "trick" the software that its running Windows XP while you are still using Windows Vista

3) Dual boot Windows Vista & XP... Install only your old apps in XP and the others in Vista...

Alam naman nating lahat na getting know the latest software will give you an early headstart to "impress" your boss & peers... So better stay ahead na rin and use Office 2007... The more you get acquainted with new software, the earlier you can try tinkering with it.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    and ang lakas kumain ng RAM. 2GB ka ata dapat pag vista na OS mo eh.
    yes... sa kaibigan ko, (nakigamit na naman) 76% ng 2GB RAM nya ay ginagamit pag naka-idle. considering naka norton pa sya.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tabong View Post
    hanapin mo yung compatibility feature ng Vista para masubakan mo kung gagana yung ibang apps mo. Naitanong ko kasi sa Microsoft Software Evangelist yung issue regarding sa compatibility ng older programs and he replied na gamitin daw yung compatibility feature na kasama sa Vista. Unfortunately eh nakalimutan ko na kung saan banda nakalagay yung feature na yun pero try mo na lang sa help or DL ka ng mga Vista ebooks.
    If I'm not mistaken, yung parang sa XP yata yan. Right click mo lang yung application (.exe) then Properties -> Compatibility tab, then piliin mo na yung compatibility mode.

Ang problema, hindi naman lahat ng old programs ay napapagana ng compatibility mode. Yung iba, gagana pero maiinis ka kasi magloloko din yung apps pag ginamit mo na.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    There are several ways to run your old software....

1) Virtualization - You have to run Virtual PC 2007 on top of Windows Vista so that you can install Windows XP and thus your software

2) Use compatibility mode to "trick" the software that its running Windows XP while you are still using Windows Vista

3) Dual boot Windows Vista & XP... Install only your old apps in XP and the others in Vista...

Alam naman nating lahat na getting know the latest software will give you an early headstart to "impress" your boss & peers... So better stay ahead na rin and use Office 2007... The more you get acquainted with new software, the earlier you can try tinkering with it.

Nice suggestion.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I've been a tad miffed by the sudden disappearance of XP Home Upgrade from store shelves. I needed to buy a copy because my daughter seems to have lost the XP Home cd on her pc. The 5-year old hard drive in her pc decide to do the clicking thing and croaked. I looked around for the good part of the day and only saw the full version of XP Home which is $200. $200 for an old OS is a bit too much for me. So....no way Jose.

I decided to buy Vista Home Basic along with a new hard drive.

Installation went fine. I thought it'd be straight forward which it was for the most part. After the install, everything looked peachy until I noticed I can't get on the internet. Looking around, I found out the 3COM 3C905TX lan card didn't have any native Vista drivers (along with no Realtek sound drivers).

That got me on a cussing mood right about the time I was posting the Mac vs Windows vs Linux thread.....

I then decided to see if the XP driver for the 3C905TX card would work. Sure enough, it did. Once that was done, I had internet and was able to update the Realtek sound with Vista drivers. Minor stuff, really. But, that saved me from having to buy a new LAN and sound cards. MS..... I just don't know whether to love em or hate em.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; April 4th, 2007 at 08:47 PM.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I've been a tad miffed by the sudden disappearance of XP Home Upgrade from store shelves. I needed to buy a copy because my daughter seems to have lost the XP Home cd on her pc. The 5-year old hard drive in her pc decide to do the clicking thing and croaked. I looked around for the good part of the day and only saw the full version of XP Home which is $200. $200 for an old OS is a bit too much for me. So....no way Jose.
    You can use any Home Edition CD as long as it's the right version (retail, or OEM, whichever you have). Use the serial number stuck on your computer's case. You did stick it there, right? I've done this before on countless OEM PC's when I didn't want to install all the crap that comes preinstalled with the OEM recovery discs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
windows vista ultimate