New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    It will take a year I guess for clones to remove the low-end parts that are not windows vista capable... Para mabawasan ang stress bumili ng branded with Home Premium or Vista Ultimate...
    The graphics chip is the component that may give the most problem. But, even the crappiest of all current graphics chipsets, the Intel 950, can handle Aero so long as you allocate enough ram to it.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    FYI: madami pang built-in graphics sa Pinas na gumagamit ng Unichrome at Sis Mirage... that makes it really really sad kasi obsolete kaagad sila kahit nasa new PCs... anyway may option naman na discreet graphics card... yun nga lang AGP usually ang mga to...

I'm not sure kung may T&L na ginagamit sa Windows Aero pero kung puro Pixel Shaders lang pwede ng pumasa ang Intel GMA...

I think Geforce 6100 and Radeon Xpress will at least provide you some upgrade path in the future considering they are PCI-e already....

to run vista smoothly it is better to invest in a nice GPU para walang hassle.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hubertq34 View Post
    to run vista smoothly it is better to invest in a nice GPU para walang hassle.
    Not really. So long as it is a recent GPU, Vista should be ok. Of all the recent video chipsets, the Intel GMA 950 is probably the crappiest. Yet, it should handle Aero just fine.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Not really. So long as it is a recent GPU, Vista should be ok. Of all the recent video chipsets, the Intel GMA 950 is probably the crappiest. Yet, it should handle Aero just fine.
    darn..my laptop has this one.

could you expound on this?

thanks..

my full specs:
    intel core 2 duo T5200
    (1.6ghz FSB, 2MB L2 Cache)

INtel graphics media accelerator 950

120gb hdd

1gb DDR2

san pa ako pwede magka problema?

suggstions?

thanks!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennSter View Post
    darn..my laptop has this one.

could you expound on this?

thanks..

my full specs:
    intel core 2 duo T5200
    (1.6ghz FSB, 2MB L2 Cache)

INtel graphics media accelerator 950

120gb hdd

1gb DDR2

san pa ako pwede magka problema?

suggstions?

thanks!
    1mb of ram is ok. But it's better to go with 2gb (just to be safe). Make sure you set the allocated ram for your video to at least 128mb. You do know the GMA 950 gets its ram from your system ram unlike dedicated video cards which comes with their own. So, the more ram, the better.

I'm not sure if Vista RC1 will still be a ram hog. But there was an improvement from Build 5600 to Build 5728 here. Perhaps, the retail product won't be too bad.

Otherwise, you're set.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Vista Ultimate RC1 without the ATI beta drivers revert back to Vista Basic. That is, without Aero. It's not too bad, I suppose. But, clicking the "Switch Between Windows" button gives this. Pretty much standard XP behavior.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks manong pekto.

im really planning to upgrade my ram since i use photoshop alot now.

thanks!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennSter View Post
    thanks manong pekto.

im really planning to upgrade my ram since i use photoshop alot now.

thanks!
    Way to go. Trying to make me look old, eh? It sounds so strange......

I'm not well-versed in PS. But, does it still use a "scratch disk"? If it does, then you'll need as much ram as you can throw at it.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Sir Pekto I use WDDM ATI Drivers for X1600 sa RC2... mukhang ok naman... old version ba to sobra compared sa mga Catalyst drivers sa ATI? O you just want more control????

windows vista