The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    pc ko sa office naka vista na rin.. RC1 lang nga cya

here's the specs:
    32-bit Intel Pentium 4 3.06 Ghz with 512 MB RAM
    80 GB SATA HD
    built in LAN & video card (video memory is shared)

-- yung aero features hindi nya kaya (like yng 3D alt-tab combination) dahil XDDM ang gamit na driver ... dapat WDM ang driver para magamit ang full features ng aero.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I haven't looked at all of them. But, at HP, if you buy a Vista-capable pc with the following OS, you get the corresponding free upgrade:

XP Home - Windows Vista Home Basic

XP Pro - Windows Vista Business

XP Media Center Edtion - Windows Vista Home Premium

I'll probably get either Vista Home Premium or Vista Ultimate. For now, I'll make do with Vista Ultimate RC1 which is good until June of next year.
    excellent...applicable din ba sa laptop yan JAP? kasi my laptop is vista-ready.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I have Dual Boot Vista RC2 Ultimate and XP on our laptop... runs perfectly fine... score ko sa user experience is 4.4... because of my damn 80Gb SATA hard disk drive... lahat nung ibang puro 4.7 pataas e...

Laptop Specs:
    Asus Verified by Intel S96J, Core 2 Duo T7200, 256Mb Radeon X1600, 1Gb DDR2-667

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy View Post
    If I remember correctly, I'm allowed to install this Vista RC1 Build 5728 to as many as 5 pc's. I have an ASUS 256mb PCI-E Radeon X800XL. So, Aero is quite speedy. Every eye candy that can be maxed out is indeed maxed out. Unfortunately, the beta Catalyst drivers I'm using will only allow up to 2048 x 768 in dual monitor mode.

Make sure your video card is Aero-ready as well. 1gb of ram is ok although I recommend 2gb at its present state on my pc. The finished product may be much more memory efficient.

If your laptop has the drivers for Vista, then go for it. Just remember that some apps and games may not run or will run quirky. The majority are fine, though. 2-d games should run ok. It's only some 3-d games that have problems. I blame that on the beta ATI catalyst drivers. Pacific Fighters refused to run on it. Doom 3 looked like it was made in 1996, and my ViVo still isn't working. Other than those, I can do daily stuff with Vista RC1.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    sa dami ng kelangan sundin specs just to run vista, nakaka-stress

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy View Post
    btw there is a difference between the vista ready and vista capable computers..

vista ready - you may need to upgrade some parts to meet the requirements

vista capable - parts has already passed the requirements for vista... no need to upgrade parts just install vista...

HTH

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen View Post
    btw there is a difference between the vista ready and vista capable computers..

vista ready - you may need to upgrade some parts to meet the requirements

vista capable - parts has already passed the requirements for vista... no need to upgrade parts just install vista...

HTH
    Just wondering. The way you said it, the terms might've been reversed.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    It will take a year I guess for clones to remove the low-end parts that are not windows vista capable... Para mabawasan ang stress bumili ng branded with Home Premium or Vista Ultimate...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003

Make sure your video card is Aero-ready as well. 1gb of ram is ok although I recommend 2gb at its present state on my pc. The finished product may be much more memory efficient.

i agree..

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Just wondering. The way you said it, the terms might've been reversed.
    hahaha oo nga baliktad... thanks thanks... again again.. nalilito na ko

vista capable - you may need to upgrade some parts to meet the requirements

vista ready - parts has already passed the requirements for vista... no need to upgrade parts just install vista...

ayan.. ok na.. thanks Jun aka Pekto

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
windows vista