New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    im excited to have my training about windows Vista... hehehe hopefully by november i'll be schedule.. its gonna be one whole week of extensive training for this one...

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by IIE View Post
    2 klase po ang vista

64bit and 128bit

i'm using 64bit, for me wala naman akong nakikitang "heavy"

i'm using : IBM thinkcetre, dual core, 1gb ram, 256pci express card, 80gb sata
    hdd.
    sir IIe,kmusta na man po performance ?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    2 klase po ang vista

64bit and 128bit

i
    baka 32bit at 64 bit ang ibig nyong sabihin sir IIE.

ok sana vista lalo na yung editions na may aero interface. nakahabol na sa osx ang windows - at least pagdating sa itsura. nakakalungkot nga lang isipin na kelangan pa magbayad ng extra para sa aero. buti na lang hindi naniningil ng extra ang osx para sa expose'.

been using vista rc1 and xp sp2. resource hog ang vista compared to sp2. after booting, di lumalampas sa 50% ng RAM ang kinakain ng sp2 samantalang 60% agad sa vista. to think na mas marami akong installed na standby apps sa xp samantalang sa vista yung sidebar at avg free lang tumatakbo. 1gig of RAM sa vista feels like 512mb in xp.
    Last edited by metatron; October 25th, 2006 at 10:42 AM. Reason: proofreading

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    reason for the smaller memory requirements ng XP e dahil based ang code nya sa Windows 2000 which is a client OS...

Windows Vista was based on Windows Server 2003... kaya malaki ang memory requirements kasi its as if your running server code....

Pero sumatutal... bloatware pa rin sya... why cant Microsoft trim down their OSes... e sa laki ng market share nila they can stop supporting legacy apps when they want to....

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    reason for the smaller memory requirements ng XP e dahil based ang code nya sa Windows 2000 which is a client OS...

Windows Vista was based on Windows Server 2003... kaya malaki ang memory requirements kasi its as if your running server code....

Pero sumatutal... bloatware pa rin sya... why cant Microsoft trim down their OSes... e sa laki ng market share nila they can stop supporting legacy apps when they want to....
    That's because MS isn't Apple who often forces people to upgrade both hardware (in the form of a new Mac) and software or else risk being left behind. MS will eventually head that way too. But as one who still uses fairly old software, I appreciate the compatibility with legacy opps.

Once hardware is so fast that even emulators run legacy apps at full speed, then MS can do as Apple do.

I wasn't too happy either when OSX first came out in 2001. XP when it came out and Vista now is loads better than OSX was at first retail release.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Requirements for Running Windows Vista Plus Aero

To use the Aero user interface of Windows Vista you will need to have Windows Vista Premium or above, and at least:

• 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor (Dell systems with Intel® CoreTM Duo or SoloTM or Pentium® Class processors).
    • 1 GB of Dual Channel memory (two or more memory modules).
    • A premium graphics card with Windows Driver Display Model (WDDM) drivers (such as one by ATI or NVIDIA).
    • 128 MB of graphics memory.
    • 40 GB of hard drive capacity with 15 GB free space.
    • DVD-ROM Drive.
    • Audio output capability.
    • Internet access capability.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    2 klase po ang vista

64bit and 128bit

i'm using 64bit, for me wala naman akong nakikitang "heavy"

i'm using : IBM thinkcetre, dual core, 1gb ram, 256pci express card, 80gb sata hdd.
    Windows Vista Versions
    Windows Vista is sold in six different versions (Microsoft refers to these as “SKUs”). There are four editions in the Home/Consumer category:
    ● Windows Vista Starter (only sold in emerging markets)
    ● Windows Vista Home Basic
    ● Windows Vista Home Premium
    ● Windows Vista Ultimate
    Windows Vista Ultimate is also included in the Business category, along with two other editions:
    ● Windows Vista Business
    ● Windows Vista Enterprise
    Descriptions
    Windows Vista Starter is aimed at emerging markets. These users want the basic benefits of personal computer technology and Internet access. The Starter edition has the basic security, searching and interface features of the Windows Vista Operating System family. However, it only comes in a 32-bit version with limited functionality. Dell will not be supporting Starter in the US.
    Windows Vista Home Basic is a simple, entry level version of Windows Vista. It is aimed at single PC homes. All other editions build from this baseline version of Windows Vista. Windows Vista Home Basic does not support the new Windows Aero™ (Aero) user interface.
    Windows Vista Home Premium is the mainstream edition of Windows Vista for desktop and portable computers. Windows Vista Home Premium is aimed at enthusiasts, multiple-computer homes, homes with children, and portable users. It includes everything from Windows Vista Home Basic, plus:
    o Windows Aero user interface
    o additional media productivity features
    o tablet PC and portable convenience features
    o networking functions
    o sharing features
    Windows Vista Business is for desktop and portable computers in businesses of all sizes. It includes all features of Windows Vista Home Basic except for a small number of entertainment features. It also includes:
    o Aero user interface
    o Tablet PC capability
    o mobility features, such as PC-to-PC synchronization
    o additional small business resources

Windows Vista Ultimate includes all features of both Windows Vista Home Premium and Windows Vista Enterprise. Users include small business owners who use one computer both at home and work, high-end users, gamers, digital media fans, and students.
    Windows Vista Enterprise is for large enterprises and its unique features can be connected to a domain controller. In addition to the features of Windows Vista Business, it includes:
    o drive encryption
    o all worldwide interface languages
    o Virtual PC Express
    o UNIX support

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    grabe sa dami nyan versions ng vista, kakalito kung ano dapat gamitin.

intayin ko na lang leopard.

Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    grabe sa dami nyan versions ng vista, kakalito kung ano dapat gamitin.

intayin ko na lang leopard.
    leopard? ito ba yung para sa mga mac users?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Vista's MovieMaker seems much more robust than MovieMaker 1 and 2 for XP. It is limited in the file formats that can be imported. WMV seems to be the only compressed file format output that's supported. That may change, though. If you're just working with footage from your camcorder, you'll be fine. Considering how clunky editing with wmv files was in XP using any video-editing app, it's improved quite a bit in Vista.

Windows DVD Maker seems robust as well. You don't get that feeling that it'll crash any moment like I've experienced with earlier versions of Pinnacle Studio or the first release of iMovie 3.

There's also useful utilities like the Snipping Tool and Windows Media Center.

Wiindows Sidebar's number of available gadgets have improved. It'd be nice though if it can be resized. Plus, I still haven't figured out how to add program shortcuts to it....

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
windows vista