New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just this afternoon, when I was connecting to another computer in my network, a popup appeared ang is asking for my credentials to access that computer. I never needed to enter a username and password to access that computer, and I don't remember setting up a username and password for that computer. All the other computers were able to access that computer except for mine. I'm running Windows 8 and just recently updated to Windows 8.1. I was able to access the said computer this morning using my computer. I don't know what username and password to enter. How can I get rid of this?
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Just this afternoon, when I was connecting to another computer in my network, a popup appeared ang is asking for my credentials to access that computer. I never needed to enter a username and password to access that computer, and I don't remember setting up a username and password for that computer. All the other computers were able to access that computer except for mine. I'm running Windows 8 and just recently updated to Windows 8.1. I was able to access the said computer this morning using my computer. I don't know what username and password to enter. How can I get rid of this?
    ikaw ba ung nag-setup nung remote PC? try mo ung admin password

3. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    scan mo muna for virus or malware.
    mamya nagtype ka ng password me
    logger pala.

pwede rin na nung nagupdate ka, naclear yung
    mga saved logins mo.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ako nag setup sa lahat ng PC. Wala naman akong ginawang passwords. Never humingi ng password yung remote PC. Now lang.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
    Signature

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Update: I did another restart of my PC and I can now access the remote PC without the need to enter a username or password. Ano kaya nangyari?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    it's Windows, the access rights probably just got borked and needed a restart to reset everything.