New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Guys! Buying a Mac Book Pro next month for my birthday. Has anyone of you tried it?

Pirated lang install ko na version if ever how does it work on a Mac?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    I was a PC/Windows user for the past 20 years but recently jumped to a Macbook Pro. I was quite hesitant at first but was surprised at how fast I got used to the mac snow leopard OS. Why not try your new MBP first without installing windows and see if you'll like it. My initial plan was also to install windows 7 but after getting used to the mac, I didn't find any purpose in doing so.

Superb quality, ease of use and practically virus free. This is how laptops should be made!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    SACRILEGE!!!!!!!!

When you switch to Mac, you never look back

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    My only dilemma for that is there's no equivalent for the Microsoft Frontpage in Mac. Haven't tried Mac webpage editors. Also, with Windows, the use of IIS is easy. May ganon din ba sa Mac? With IIS, you can view your PHP/ASP websites sa localhost.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
    Guys! Buying a Mac Book Pro next month for my birthday. Has anyone of you tried it?

Pirated lang install ko na version if ever how does it work on a Mac?
    bro, just my 2 cents...

macs are optimized for mac os (and vice versa). sayang naman yung mbp kung windows ang patatakbuhin mo (although pwedeng-pwede dahil intel na rin ang processors nyan). if you intend to have it dual boot or run windows inside mac os, then i think meron nang mga detailed instruction on how to do that sa mga mac forums. otherwise, either stick to the leopard os or just get non-mac notebooks for almost half the macs price.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    ^^ bro lucius, apache runs on mac and php-compatible. i think its better than IIS.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sgt_taga View Post
    bro, just my 2 cents...

macs are optimized for mac os (and vice versa). sayang naman yung mbp kung windows ang patatakbuhin mo (although pwedeng-pwede dahil intel na rin ang processors nyan). if you intend to have it dual boot or run windows inside mac os, then i think meron nang mga detailed instruction on how to do that sa mga mac forums. otherwise, either stick to the leopard os or just get non-mac notebooks for almost half the macs price.
    Dual boot

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sgt_taga View Post
    ^^ bro lucius, apache runs on mac and php-compatible. i think its better than IIS.
    Thing is, kaylangan ko din ng equivalent ng Frontpage 2003, which up to this date wala pang makatapat. I find it easier to use compared to Dreamweaver and the others

Windows 7 on Mac Book Pro