New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    anong advantage nito sa Win XP Pro? i'm planning kasi to reinstall the OS in my PC. kung mas ok ang media center ed, ito nalang ang install ko. baka hindi pa kasi kayanin ng system ko ang vista.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    anong advantage nito sa Win XP Pro? i'm planning kasi to reinstall the OS in my PC. kung mas ok ang media center ed, ito nalang ang install ko. baka hindi pa kasi kayanin ng system ko ang vista.
    If you plan to use your desktop as a "digital hub" at home then choose Media Center... If you are using it for business, mission critical apps, and you will connect to a domain/server-client set-up use XP Pro...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i use my PC for internet, a little graphics/photo editing, gaming.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    choice nyo na lang yan sir.... pwede XP Pro or Media Center... pero if an XBOX 360 is on the horizon of your purchase decisions... install Media Center para they communicate right away....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa site ng microsoft, pwede daw itong Media Center for watching and recording TV shows. pano ito?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    sa site ng microsoft, pwede daw itong Media Center for watching and recording TV shows. pano ito?
    If I remember correctly, you need to have a tv tuner that's supported by MS Media Center and the remote.

Here's the link from the MS home page:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/m...p/default.mspx

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'm currently using winxp pro. what would i lose if i switched to media center? would switching to media center be considered an upgrade or a downgrade of my current OS?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    i'm currently using winxp pro. what would i lose if i switched to media center? would switching to media center be considered an upgrade or a downgrade of my current OS?
    That depends. How much of XP Pro's unique features do you actually use at home? I can't remember much of XP Pro's unique functions besides Backup and support for 2 cpus.

You lose the domain-related stuff but gain built-in TiVo functions/dvd-burning since MCE is geared towards media stuff.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Yeah you lose business networking functions... For me having a Media Center OS is a downgrade on the point of price of OEM (8,000 for Pro, 7,000 for Media Center)...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ano ba yung mga business networking functions ng pro? with media center, i can still network my PCs at home, right?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Windos XP Media Center Edition