New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    Is there such a thing?

mahina kasi yung wifi namin pag nasa 3rd floor na. although nakaka connect naman pero mabagal... any suggestion aside from those big antenna that you attach sa mga router?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i bought a second router (cnet - P700 lang) and a 15m long LAN cable to extend the wifi coverage in our house.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997 View Post
    Is there such a thing?

mahina kasi yung wifi namin pag nasa 3rd floor na. although nakaka connect naman pero mabagal... any suggestion aside from those big antenna that you attach sa mga router?
    You can install a 2nd router and set it as "access point" or as a slave to the first router. The best way to connect both routers together is via a cable although there are wireless solutions as well but limited in range and slower data speeds.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997 View Post
    Is there such a thing?

dont bother with the big antenna. I bought a 9dbi antenna from cdr-king and it did not do ant thing. Well at 280 or so pesos it was worth the risk.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    nung bumili ako ng router may nakita ako linksys range plus yata yun.. pang extend ba ito ng signal? parang extension cord?

OT: kung may booster meron ba wifi blocker? other than passwords.. network magic kasama ng linksys ko kaya lang kelangan meron din ganun yung i-block ko

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I replaced my cnet el cheapo router with a Linksys WRH54G. World's apart in terms of signal strength. Now the whole house (1st & 2nd floor) is a hotspot. Abot din yung signal sa garage and front yard.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Dec1983 View Post
    nung bumili ako ng router may nakita ako linksys range plus yata yun.. pang extend ba ito ng signal? parang extension cord?
    "Range extender" definition might differ from brand to brand. Generally routers that are "N" enabled have longer ranges along with those with three antennas or antennas that are bigger (wider) or longer.

OT: kung may booster meron ba wifi blocker? other than passwords.. network magic kasama ng linksys ko kaya lang kelangan meron din ganun yung i-block ko
    You can block unwanted wifi connections by activating the security features in your router. The most basic is WEP but your transmissions are not secured so it's still possible for hackers to "peek" into your signals. The next level is WPA which is similar to WEP but also encrypts your signals.

Another option for security is enabling the MAC number filtering. Each wifi device has it's unique MAC number (machine number). You can configure your router to let only the ones listed within the router to connect. The others which are unlisted will be automatically rejected.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    I replaced my cnet el cheapo router with a Linksys WRH54G. World's apart in terms of signal strength. Now the whole house (1st & 2nd floor) is a hotspot. Abot din yung signal sa garage and front yard.
    I upgraded my old TPLINK G router to TPLINK N enabled router. Faster data send/receive and wider range throughout my home. I can barely find a dead spot with this new router.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Can you feel the difference of N routers if the receiving machine is not N signal supported yet?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Yes, meron akong range extender sa compund namin and it do work effectively! Dati di abot sa kabilang house namin pero when we installed a linksys range extender abot na kahit loob kwarto nung 2nd house.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Wifi Signal booster?