New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    ^
    Over the counter routers can also block yt and fb.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
    Most over the counter router has limit on the number of websites you can block. Facebook has a lot of web address, if you register it in a router it might reach is limit. Also if you turn on block websites most over the counter routers will be very slow.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by joaquim View Post
    Most over the counter router has limit on the number of websites you can block. Facebook has a lot of web address, if you register it in a router it might reach is limit. Also if you turn on block websites most over the counter routers will be very slow.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    I have blocked fb and yt on a time based access previously and noticed no decrease in router perf. You dont need to block the whole ip range though. Fb and yt resolves to different ips yes but still the name fb and yt can be used as a catch all.

But i do agree that some firmwares are not that great and may introduce slowdown once you activated a feature.
    Tomatoing the router would be the next best thing.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I have a "Kids" SSID/VLAN where access schedules are enforced. Filtering is also applied, not just by using URL blocking (which is insufficient), but also by category, protocol and application.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    My sons' school has a Ubiquiti router in each classroom. That's at least 10 sections each level for 12 levels.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Does blocking website like facebook in huawei router will block also the access through their fb app?

It seems to me it’s not working because i’ve scheduled to block facebook during daytime but still our household members keep scrooling up and down in their fb app…

Or mali pagkagawa ko….

FB really makes you inefficient…tutok lagi sa phone! Arrrghhh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_noel View Post
    Does blocking website like facebook in huawei router will block also the access through their fb app?

It seems to me it’s not working because i’ve scheduled to block facebook during daytime but still our household members keep scrooling up and down in their fb app…

Or mali pagkagawa ko….

di ba mas maganda kausapin mo na lang sila? set up ground rules ? after all... you're the boss!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_noel View Post

Or mali pagkagawa ko….

Mag set ka lang ng time na pwede dila mag connect.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    You need to block the FB app’s web services in your router.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by box_type View Post
    di ba mas maganda kausapin mo na lang sila? set up ground rules ? after all... you're the boss!
    Done already the easy part… kinausap ko na ng maayos…kulang na lang mag pirmahan sa brgy. Kidding aside! Seriously, ive talked to them na several times..

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Mag set ka lang ng time na pwede dila mag connect.

Actually, i set a time interval pero yung time interval na ni set ko pansin ko panay pa rin scroll down… now im wondering…

Quote Originally Posted by SpinCycle View Post
    You need to block the FB app’s web services in your router.

App web sevices is ip address of the fb app? Iba yung ip ad sa url ng fb? Ginawa ko is during those interval time, blocked yung facebook.com…

Im done requesting them to refrain from using smartphone on a certain time kaya ang pinaka drastic plan move ko is to cut their internet accesss through mac address all day, 8pm till 6am lang sil pwede if ayaw pa din nila…

Pero if blocking the app web services will do during the time interval na ni set ko, much better…

Thanks guys.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Dito ako nag set sa parental control menu ng router…
    Allowed sila mag surfing sa ganun na oras pero bawal ang fb… pero hindi gumana…

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast