New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    btw... where do you key-in that "password"? sa network settings ba?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    m2, depende e. minsan pag naka-detect na yung notebook mo nang connection may prompt kaagad. sa glorietta na may libreng access, once na nadetect nya yung connection, ok na agad. pwede na mag-surf.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I just use my Smart Internet via Nokia 9300. I just attached my lappy to my cell phone and I can connect to the internet whereever I am are basta may Smart signal. Mas mura pa - P10 / 30 minutes.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    M2, 'matic din dun sa Gale. On mo wifi mo tas pag nadetect na, ask na PW.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    I just use my Smart Internet via Nokia 9300. I just attached my lappy to my cell phone and I can connect to the internet whereever I am are basta may Smart signal. Mas mura pa - P10 / 30 minutes.

Ayos to ah? anong klaseng connection nyan sir sa cellphone to laptop? Bluetooth ba? saka napaka mura nito kung P10 / 30 mins?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wrcastro_ph View Post
    Ayos to ah? anong klaseng connection nyan sir sa cellphone to laptop? Bluetooth ba? saka napaka mura nito kung P10 / 30 mins?
    Internet connection yan via GPRS. same principle as PLDT WeRoam. the only difference is that you are using your phone as a modem, connecting to the Internet, instead of doing a dial-up or a WiFi search.

your phone can connect to the internet via GPRS and it can also browse (using the WAP browser or an Internet browser). what this does is just transfer the browsing to your computer instead of the phone.

yes... the rate is P 10/30 minutes.

and this can be done via a direct cable connection (which is sometimes included with the phone) or via BT. although the latter offers a more stable connection.

don't expect speed though. connection speed averages around 9 kbps.... pang mobility lang talaga.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Na test na namin internet connectivity sa Globe 3G dun sa Makati several months ago using an N70 unit. Average connection speed recorded namins was around 1.45-1.55mbps.

Now, if only Globe and Smart can iron out the kinks in their 3G services, ensure stable connectivity and make sure that their signal is strong outside M. Manila, then life would be sweet. Biro nyo? 10 petot per 30 mins on a 1.4mbps connection speed? Not bad 'di ba?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm.... Kala ko dati yung WAY-PAY na yan e access anywhere. Ngayon ko lang naintindihan na ma specific location lang pala to access the service. :doh:

*nico: Bro, any idea kung pano ko macoconnect yung laptop ko sa cel ko (SE K750i) for internet? i can access the net through my cel naman. BTW I'm here in Qatar, do I have to ask for settings from the network provider or settings lang ng laptop ang kailngan ayusin? :dunno: TIA!
    Last edited by kupaloids; October 3rd, 2006 at 01:25 PM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore View Post
    Internet connection yan via GPRS. same principle as PLDT WeRoam. the only difference is that you are using your phone as a modem, connecting to the Internet, instead of doing a dial-up or a WiFi search.

your phone can connect to the internet via GPRS and it can also browse (using the WAP browser or an Internet browser). what this does is just transfer the browsing to your computer instead of the phone.

yes... the rate is P 10/30 minutes.

and this can be done via a direct cable connection (which is sometimes included with the phone) or via BT. although the latter offers a more stable connection.

don't expect speed though. connection speed averages around 9 kbps.... pang mobility lang talaga.
    via BT not working InfraRed & cable only!!!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Mga sir/s, meron ba wifi access sa Robinson's Metro east? Paano mag connect sa wifi capable laptop?

P.S. Do you guys know what the connection settings of Smart Internet (gprs) for their celphones? I can't access the gprs of my celphone using my smart phone. If ever maka access na ako, pwede ko ba magamit ko yun using my laptop connected to my celphone? How?

Thanks Sir/s!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
WiFi Access