New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Good evening!

Just want to ask if need ba talaga mag upgrade ng WIFI6 modem in order to experience the 200mbps speed (from existing 100mbps plan).

Me additional P88.00 per month kasi for the Modem
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails converge-wifi-6-modem-upgrade.jpg  

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by african888 View Post
    Good evening!

Just want to ask if need ba talaga mag upgrade ng WIFI6 modem in order to experience the 200mbps speed (from existing 100mbps plan).

I'm getting the speeds they offered without changing the original modem they provided

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No need kung wala ka naman mga devices naka WiFi 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    WiFi5 (802.11ac) can easily do 300-400+ mbps, probably more, in the real world.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    This is over WiFi5 in a rather better-than-normal case.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    thanks for the reply guys. I will try to ask if we can upgrade the speed without upgrading the wifi6 modem

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks for the reply guys. I will try to ask if we can upgrade the speed without upgrading the wifi6 modem
    Pwede yan yun opi-in lang na ma lock ka ulit for 24 months ang need nila, sa router eh recommended lang nila ang and not compulsory

But since ma lock-in ka na rin for another 2 years then might as well get the WiFi 6 for future proofing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2024
    Good evening!

Mas maganda po talaga if mag upgrade to WiFi 6 WiFi 6 Explained (82.11 AX) | TP-Link Philippines. Maliit lang ung 88 pesos kung maganda at mabilis naman ung internet connection mo, diba.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I'm using my old (1st Gen) Google Mesh Router (yes, hindi pa Nest name nya noon)

no problem with my internet speeds. I remember na hanggang 700mbps noon sa SG kaya naman nya.

pero if you want to future proof your set-up a bit, better get the Wi-Fi 6 router.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Kahit older WiFi5 basta walang dead spot, mas OK compared kung isa lang ang router WiFi7 may deadspot.

You may use your old routers, WiFi modems as an AP to cover the deadspot within 100meters away from the main router.

Take note as frequency goes up to the light spectrum, the range shortens kahit may MIMO pa, and seriously who needs >100MBPs kahit 2MB kayang kaya mag post sa tsikot o mag YT.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast