New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    my mom's n70 and my classmate's nokia (i don't remember what model is that) are slow when opening messages and going to the menus. why is that? is there a way to fix that thing?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Symbian.....And, too many processes running in the background....

7404:laundry:

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    pano kaya pabilisin? kasi sa iba like samsung pag click mo ng messages, pasok na sa messages agad eh, sa nokia mga ilang seconds pa this is one thing why dont like my mom's n70, kasi hiramin ko din minsan mag games ako

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    What I know is you should delete some of your inbox messages, outbox messages and sent messages...also check the memory card what I know is the bigger the mb the slower the phone gets...mine is N70 1GB memory card but it works well, I also don't max out the capacity of my card using only 4 mb of the memory card.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    same with my dad.
    evon though empty na ang messages and no files being saved in the memory (phonebook lang) sobrang bagal parin.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    been a nokia user for so long here before switching to sony ericsson and samsung, then back to nokia again dahil lang sa 5800.

as far as i am concern, ang pinakamabagal na nokia na nagamit ko is 6600, 6680. pinakamabilis eh etong 5800 ko. n70, tama tama lang. one reason kasi, may os (symbian). pero pansinin niyo yung mga non-os na nokia phones (6300, etc etc...), mabibilis mag-operate. also same thing with SE phones and samsung phones. basta non-os phones, mabibilis, pero yung k850i ko eh medyo nababagalan ako, mabilis pa ang samsung e250 ko.

also, may processor din ang phones, like desktops. 1 factor din yan kasi 6680 and 6630, same os (symbian 8.0) pero mas mabilis ang 6630 sa 6680 sa pagtetext at appilcations

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JJCarEnthusiast View Post
    my mom's n70 and my classmate's nokia (i don't remember what model is that) are slow when opening messages and going to the menus. why is that?
    usually a mix of the following:
    -slow CPU
    -slow memory chips
    -too many apps running at the same time
    -too many apps running from the SD card (its faster to run apps from onboard memory)
    -too many screensaver/icon/wallpaper/clock or other user interface modifiying apps running
    -virus
    -too many messages/files stored in the inbox.

is there a way to fix that thing?
    -Minimizing the number of applications running in background. Close them after using.
    -minimize apps running from the SD card including wallpaper, screensaver, etc. If you have to, transfer the wallpaper, etc to the onboard memory for faster loading times.
    -remove virus
    -clean out the inbox once in a while.
    -upgrade to a faster unit (My Nokia 6110 Navigator is really much faster than my N80 running the same apps and similar config)
    Last edited by ghosthunter; February 9th, 2009 at 10:05 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    reformat the phone press:

*#7370#

then select YES.

to keep this from happening again, move the messages out of the Inbox. This keeps my n70 snappy.

You can also choose to use Nokia Photos to remove the messages from the phone and store it in the computer (along with the photos, notes, recorded conversations).

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I agree with Gen. Miting...check your phone for viruses...this is one reason the phone slows down.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    to keep this from happening again, move the messages out of the Inbox. This keeps my n70 snappy.
    +100 dito

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
why are many nokia phones are kinda slow?