New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I have three UPSes running in the house, two of them have been up for the past 9-10 years now. Needless to say that through the years, I've collected several depleted sealed lead-acid (VRLA) batteries. Now, I know that I can't just throw these away in the trash and hope for the best... no. They've been in storage until now along with a few old motorcycle & car batteries, plus a number of NiCd & NiMH cells. Because of this, a part of my workshop quite literally became a toxic waste dump.

Frankly, I want to get rid of them, but in a correct and environmentally-friendly way. Any ideas?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can try inquiring at your car battery dealer, the major brand outlets and not those small battery shops. They might accept your batteries for disposal or recycling.

That is where I get rid of my old car batteries and I even get a small discount for the "trade-in" value.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    There is a recycling market in SM malls every first saturday of the month, it's a very convenient way of helping the environment, plus you also get a little cash from your trash.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    You can try inquiring at your car battery dealer, the major brand outlets and not those small battery shops. They might accept your batteries for disposal or recycling.

That is where I get rid of my old car batteries and I even get a small discount for the "trade-in" value.
    This is what I do. Kahit na walang trade in value.

Masama ang lead sa kalusugan ng tao. So dapat ma dispose or recycle ng tama.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Thanks for the tips! I honestly haven't heard of the SM recycling depot thing until now. You learn a new thing or two everyday. I'd also maybe drop by the Motolite shop near my office and ask them about it. Do you think Elfoh Marketing (for those in the know) would want these for recycling?

Where to properly dispose off lead-acid batteries