New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    We're going to get a printer. What's a good printer that's reliable? And a printer whose cartridge isn't expensive? I was thinking of getting a HP printer for about 2.3k but the cartridge daw is around 800pesos. The Epson is around 2-3k, and cartridges cost around 200-300pesos..but is it reliable?

Any ideas? Thanx

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    what do you plan to print with your printer? It would also help on which model you're talking about...

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Both are reliable. You can go either.

HP inks are expensive because when you buy the ink, it includes the print head, while with epson, the head is in the printer itself, you only buy the ink that's why it's cheaper.

The reason why HP included the head when you purchase the ink is because to ensure that the ink head is always brand new and clean. With epson, you may replace the ink head at their service center and it is also expensive ha.

For me, I'd buy epson, worry bout the ink head later. Mura ink e. Di naman madali masira ang ink head, you can always clean the head.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    i'm using epson c45 for almost a year now. la pa naman naging problema. got it for 2.5k, yung ink cartridges ay 250 a pair (black/colored)...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    been using cannon printer with separate tanks for each color for 6 years na. problema ko ngayon is i'm on my last cartridge/print head, cannon has phased out the cartridge at pag nag bara itong gamit ko ngayon sayang buong printer. pero yung nagbara ko na cartridge puro refill ang ginawa ko. for almost 6 years tibay din ng cannon.

I would recommend HP brand, kahit mahal yung ink but quality and durability wise mas better kaysa Epson. Im not saying pangit yung Epson brand there's only a difference between the two. I've been using HP printers for 3 years, before Inkjet 1220C and now Inkjet 1280 both are A3 Size.Before that i have an Epson(sorry forgot the model) but last only 6 months, lagi na lang nasisira. Also HP can achieve most likely the True Color of the image.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Thanks for the reviews and replies. We won't be using the printer for pictures. Just printing up text. Once in a while..maps.

My cousin had an Epson C45 or something like that. And the printer broke after a year. I wasn't sure if it was the the reliability of the brand..or it just happend. HP, i was thinking about getting that also, the only drawback is the price of the cartridge or refill. But the HP will match with my HP laptop hehehe

How long does the ink of HP last? or how many pages can it print? we're looking to buy one of those cheaper priced printers i the 1.5k-2.5k range. Just for printing text..black ink lang.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    as mentioned earlier in the post both are ok. As for your cousin case it might just be happen. I have a friend who uses the C series model and its still working fine. For me just as long as it serve my function its ok, I used to buy higher end printer but didnt use it much, thats how i learn my lesson, always know what you need to do and how you plan to use it first.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Kung puro refill ka lang canon or epson na kunin mo.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Saan mo ba kailangan ang printer mo?

Text printing: HP
    Photo printing: Canon/Epson

Ease of refilling: HP

All in one: Canon

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
What's A Good Printer To Buy? Epson? HP?...?