New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    pwede mong gamitin as modem ang cellphone and connect to the internet via gprs/edge/3G. just install the software that came with the mobile phone.

ang charge using smart is P10.00/30min of surfing.
    Kaya pala di ko magamit ang 3G. Ayan ayaw ko kasi magbasa ng manual

how much charge for globe?

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    The Nokia 6151: 3G on a budget

The Philippine STAR 01/06/2007

Looking at the black-and-silver Nokia 6151, one won’t be blamed for thinking that it’s one of those entry/mid-level handsets that are multiplying like mushrooms.

Its traditional styling certainly won’t turn heads. Its lightweight plastic construction, although a boon in your pocket or purse, makes it feel like a decidedly low-priced model. The size of its color screen, at two inches, is certainly nothing to text home about.

Without perusing its otherwise lengthy list of features, one would dismiss the 6151 as just one of the myriad similar-looking monoblock phones out in the market. (It does have a good 262,000-color screen with a decent 128 x 160 screen resolution and a nice rubber-textured finish.)

But that’s where the similarity with all those mass-market phones ends. Because over and above its expected Nokia levels of reliability and user-friendliness, the 6151 makes its mark as one of the first – if not the first – entry-level 3G phone on the market.

With a price tag of P13,000, the 6151 is easily the lowest priced 3G mobile phone on the market today; in fact, it even finds itself in the price range of many non-3G handsets.

Based on Nokia’s Series 40 platform, the tri-band 6151 offers a midrange mix of features which includes a 1.3-megapixel camera (with 4x digital zoom and landscape mode), Bluetooth connectivity, Personal Information Management (PIM), and a music player (MP3/M4A/eAAC+/AAC+/WMA) as well as a microSD card slot to extend the 30MB of onboard memory.

Other highlights of this EDGE-enabled phone include video playback and recording, a stereo FM radio with support for Visual Radio and Push-to-Talk (PTT) compatibility. Now that’s quite a list of features for an unassuming-looking phone!

The upside is that anyone who has ever used a Nokia – even the ancient dual-band ones – will instantly feel at home with the 6151. It looks traditional and it works and operates traditionally.

Some people might be intimidated by 3G technology, but they certainly won’t feel that way when they’re holding a 6151 in their hands and that, I think, is its strongest appeal.

With an idiot-proof interface and an impressive feature set, this value-packed handset should make the ideal starter phone for 3G newbies and traditional talk/text users alike. Now if only Nokia had placed a 3G logo on this understated-looking handset – now that will make for some cool bragging rights! – Manny de los Reyes
    From Philstar.com

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Kaya pala di ko magamit ang 3G. Ayan ayaw ko kasi magbasa ng manual

how much charge for globe?

mahal sa globe.. they charge .15cents/KB, mas tipid talga sa smart, they charge a flat rate of 10 php/15min yata.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    P10/30min ang charge ng Smart.

got myself a SE K610i in greenhills. traded my K750i and nag dagdag ako ng 3.7K.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Boybi,

Saan sa greenhills okay maki-deal? Dami rin kasi dun re-furbished (yung inside ay either nakaw or have some defect) and not really brand new.

Hindi ba 3G capable ang K750i?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung saan saan lang din ako nakikideal. everytime kasi na magpunta ako dun, nagiiba ng pwesto mga stalls dun. check nalang ng mabuti bago bilhin. mas maliit ang chance na refurbished ang mabibili kung medyo new model ang unit na bibilhin.

hindi pa 3G ang K750i.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ganda ng K610i, good phone indeed...

OT: i can recommend a specific stall there. hindi sya muslim and she really gives me a very good deal. takot ako bumili sa mga hindi kilala e, hindi mo alam kung ano sira ek ek...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you're looking at the K608 or K610, i suggest you look around for a K618. Way better phone with killer looks if you ask me.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    K618 is just a K610 with different casing.

CG, anong name ng stall nai-recommend mo?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    K618 is just a K610 with different casing.

CG, anong name ng stall nai-recommend mo?
    SMS me * 09278512906 and i'll forward it to you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
What's the cheapest 3G phone?