New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    as of now, im using smart broken. smart really sucks so i want to change my internet connection as the expiration date of the freakin contract with smart bobo is on september 20th i think (yehey!! LOL ). sawa na kami really. even my dad is pissed off. there are times that its suuper fast. but after few weeks, it is down again and even sometimes no connection at all. is this what we get if we pay 999 a month? i dont thinks so we called smart bobo about the probs. their team came in my house twice. the 1st time we complained is that they need to extend the range of the canopy. so i gave them a bamboo for temporary use. they fixed it on top of the roof. then its ok na, i tried to use the internet, its fast. but after few months, bumagal nanaman! i called again. the stupid lady in the desk blamed my PC for having viruses which makes the connection slow. im even using my new laptop and its even sloow!! pinaglitan ko na sya! so then, they went again to my house then said they have to extend AGAIN the canopy. now its already higher than before. the connection became fast but there are really times that no connection is available! even the time that i have to do some research for an assignment,there's no connection!! sawa na ako ayaw ko na ng smart broken. i tried to inquire in globe and bayantel but their lines cant reach my place. i kinda like the globe's deal but the wired cant reach my house and the wireless' signal cant reach my house too, the boundary is just about few meters from my house. how ironic bayantel, it has not reached yet. i didnt have a chance to inquire at philcom dctech or any other broadband companies. whats the best here in cagayan de oro? and what's better, a wireless or a wired? thanks

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    do you know how to access your antenna? you can fix it yourself if you can. though sometimes the server is really down or worst, your place is heavily used with other smartbiro users.

grrr... never liked their desk support. had an argument/umi-init ang usapan with them but I'm always lost for words in english kaya talo ako.
    Last edited by rion; August 31st, 2008 at 04:43 AM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    do you know how to access your antenna? you can fix it yourself if you can. though sometimes the server is really down or worst, your place is heavily used with other smartbiro users.

grrr... never liked their desk support. had an argument/umi-init ang usapan with them but I'm always lost for words in english kaya talo ako.
    naku.. i dont know how to access it, and i dont even want to fix it all the time by myself cause im not free everytime. its just they're support that sucks

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    pardon my english, I mean access it by your Internet Explorer or firefox and see how's your signal doing.

anyways, my friend use Philcom 512kbps, and he is satisfied with the speed, but he suffers a lot more downs than my smartbiro.

there is globlelines for 768Kbps I think, and Globe for 512-768kbps
    I'm interested on Globe... but I don't have any idea what hardware do they use.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sorry for the late reply. well as said by ruelsdc, globe daw uses a router-like thingy na may antennae. you can bring it anywhere as long as may signal. its multi directional, not like smart's single direction only. i like it but the signal doesn't reach my house.

yeah i understand, accesing the canopy throught the browser. i dont know how but just an update, since they interchanged the tv antennae's tubo (which is longer) and the canopy's original antennae, im getting good speeds na. *******s ko is 40kbps dl na.. whew

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    yep, had a friend who has it in butuan, but the globe there offers 1mbps at the same 999 package.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    yep, had a friend who has it in butuan, but the globe there offers 1mbps at the same 999 package.
    galing ng offers ng globe. but the thing is, signal doesn't reach my house :cry2:
    Last edited by JJCarEnthusiast; September 20th, 2008 at 11:56 AM.

what's the best internet provider in Cagayan de Oro???