New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 41 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Samsung really needs to improve their RAM/memory management, even the Note 5 with 4GB RAM struggles on multitasking compared to flagship phones with 3GB RAM (check YT comparisons). Buti ngayon mas light na daw ang UI nila.

Still hands down to Apple, malaki talaga difference pag ang OS tailored fit sa hardware. Wonder why Samsung can't do the same, may Exynos naman sila.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Hows the battery life? Am about to take the plunge......

And Nougat am sure will be coming very soon to this flagship device.

I see a few for sale in Greenhills at 37k.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really depends on each user, but you can always check GSMArena's or PhoneArena's standard battery life test. The Exynos variant lasts an hour longer than the Snapdragon on the average.

Samsung Galaxy Note7 battery life test - GSMArena blog

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Hows the battery life? Am about to take the plunge......

And Nougat am sure will be coming very soon to this flagship device.

I see a few for sale in Greenhills at 37k.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    A lot better compared to the old note 4. I charged the previous night and I recharged the following night do about 24 hours. I am only using 1 sim with a 32G memory card on the 2nd tray.

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    My S5 has been randomly restarting recently. This was in Samsung Service 3 times in 2014 and finally replaced with a new unit last year. Still isn't the most reliable phone. Finally out of warranty, Samsung says it might be a hardware issue. The Samsung experience has been a big shiny balloon going pfffffffffft for me.

I will probably need another phone before year end. Still want something with Android, a Moto X preferably, but they don't have a local service center. Can anyone recommend a close to pure Android UI phone that'll be reliable? I prefer not to get any of the Chinese brands.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    S4 3years na

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r2 View Post
    My S5 has been randomly restarting recently. This was in Samsung Service 3 times in 2014 and finally replaced with a new unit last year. Still isn't the most reliable phone. Finally out of warranty, Samsung says it might be a hardware issue. The Samsung experience has been a big shiny balloon going pfffffffffft for me.

I will probably need another phone before year end. Still want something with Android, a Moto X preferably, but they don't have a local service center. Can anyone recommend a close to pure Android UI phone that'll be reliable? I prefer not to get any of the Chinese brands.

Xperia UI is close to stock Android, you can get a Z5 for a little over 20K, local or grey market unit. Meron din Nexus 6P if you want stock Android, though medyo overpriced, plus the build quality isn't that good.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004

Get a OnePlus 3 and root it with Cyanogenmod.

Sony Xperia series is also a good choice, fast OS, not much bloatware. Samsung is very notorious for having too much bloatware.

It easier to root smartphones now compared to years ago.
    Last edited by Walter; August 23rd, 2016 at 03:06 PM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I had a raw Android before (Nexus 5), and it was awful for me. Layo sa iOS. I prefer TouchWiz, bloatware and all. I felt that the Nexus was just like my low end Cherry Mobile Flare before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Thanks guys. How are the Sony phones durability-wise? The past ones I looked at were too blocky and a bit hard to hold for me but if they're built to last I'll probably consider them. My now antique Blackberry Bold will probably outlive this Samsung.

*jut703
    Was the Nexus 5 Kitkat or older when it came out? Not really complaining about Touchwiz UI functionality and general usability, I just have this nagging feeling it has something to do with all the bugs. Plus, it's 2016 and still no Marshmallow update locally for the S5. Updates are soooo slow to arrive.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Thanks guys. How are the Sony phones durability-wise? The past ones I looked at were too blocky and a bit hard to hold for me but if they're built to last I'll probably consider them. My now antique Blackberry Bold will probably outlive this Samsung.

*jut703
    Was the Nexus 5 Kitkat or older when it came out? Not really complaining about Touchwiz UI functionality and general usability, I just have this nagging feeling it has something to do with all the bugs. Plus, it's 2016 and still no Marshmallow update locally for the S5. Updates are soooo slow to arrive.
    It initially came with Lollipop but I upgraded it to Marshmallow. Same shiz, not user-friendly enough for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk